Masturbation

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by blackmantis, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackmantis

blackmantis Valued Member

I realise this is sensitive, but what do you people think about masturbating, stopping before ejaculation and doing Qigong?

Without trying to be funny like saying, "it would be frustrating lol" or some other equally unamusing one-liner, do you guys think this would effectively increase Yang energy throughout the body?

2. Dragon Brush

Dragon Brush Valued Member

What a splendid choice of subject for your first post...

3. blackmantis

I'm sorry, let me introduce myself.

I'm 18 years old, I've been in martial arts since I was 13. I train in Heibei Xingyiquan, Cheng Baguazhang and Babu Tanglangquan. I'll be living in London UK as of next month, so if anyone's in London and can suggest a good school, or even wants to meet up to train or whatever, do let me know.

S

4. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

i like you already, you horny mantis you

5. HwaRang

HwaRang Just don't call me flower

God as long as you don't wanna shake hands.

6. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Good One

7. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I doubt your going to find any conclusive evidence that support the theory that masturbation is detrimental to your training. What often passes in CMA's as 'proof' leaves a lot to be desired. Anecdotal evidence doesn't really cut it as 'proof'.

I'd imagine the subject has been gone over lots in sports circles. Probably more in terms of how sex affects your athletic perfromance. So much of it could extend to masturbation I suppose.

Out of curiostiy what would be the point of being that arroused and then stopping? Chances are you are gonna be frustrated no end.

Reminds me of the scene from Raging Bull. Ice water down the trousers. :eek:

Anyhow - what exactly is it you're trying to achieve? :confused:

8. Origami Itto

Origami Itto Walking Paths

I know very little about IMA to stand up and call this trolling, and i am not googling "chinese art ejaculation"!!

9. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

it did for me, everyone calls me a w........... now!!!!! :D

10. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

Why i am not surprised to find Greg in this thread......lol

:)

11. slipthejab

ahh... MAP feels so homey again. :D

12. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

thats it, we need to repel te rampant marauders and make it like home again, remeber slip whenme you and Ollie could trawl through here winding people up? ahhh the old days :D

13. Dragon Brush

I almost feel bad for those few people who expect sincere and serious answers to these threads...

14. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I like this guy, the first post was great in itself, but to follow that up by asking if anyone wants to meet him takes a brave man :D

15. onyomi

onyomi 差不多先生

What I think he was referring to is the Daoist idea of flowing the sexual energy up and down the meridians, which apparently can be very enyoyable and make you feel at one with the universe, etc. Mantak Chia has written books on it with titles like "The Multi-orgasmic Male," basically saying you can have these "qigong orgasms" and only have a regular one once in a while, as excessive ejaculation is considered draining by TCM. I believe Tantric sex does the same thing, apparently raising the sexual energy up to the higher chakras where it can bring enlightenment and existential bliss.

I personally don't buy into it much. My school of qigong is Buddhist, so we just don't go there, I believe. My teacher says the connection between qigong and sexuality is actually very little, so long as you don't tire yourself out so much you can't practice your qigong.

I've *ahem* experimented with some of Mantak Chia's techniques on my own and haven't found anything special about them. It seems to me to be nothing more than the regular du-ren circulation, which does feel very good, but isn't the same as an orgasm. As far as I can tell, you get the qi from your dantian, not your balls, so whether or not you happen to be stimulating yourself during qigong practice has little effect.

Then again, I could be wrong since I don't have a Daoist Sexual Arts teacher. I believe CLomas and his teacher practice something like this, so maybe if they're around and not feeling too shy they can comment?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  16. slipthejab

Man this thread just keeps getting better all the time.
    I think it's safe to say that much of this must be a lost art in China given the size of the population. :D

17. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

Ahh.. he who walk around with hand in pocket all day feel cocky! :D

Sorry.. couldn't resist.. ..

18. blackmantis

Yeah I thought this would happen. Oh well, it was worth a try. My aim was to increase Yang flavoured Chi throughout the body. Nevermind, forget about it.

19. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

surely you mean wang flavoured?

20. Dragon Brush

It IS easy to get the two confused.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.