Master Mundt's Enhanced Martial Arts

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Hannibal, Mar 25, 2013.

1. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Nasally?

2. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Well my eyes were watering, put it that way.

I actually missed this round of videos last time, but if they're all that standard...eh, I'm sure it's all been said already.

3. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

4. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

5. csoby

csoby Valued Member

Where did you find that? I thought he got rid of all his videos... One of my old instructors tried to talk with him... very frustrating *laughs*

6. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

7. Aegis

Oh, I also wanted to ask how the report's going, Hannibal? We've been patiently waiting for what feels like years!!

8. csoby

csoby Valued Member

You know, one of the instructors from the school I used to train at in Rapid City, sent 'Master Mundt' a letter. It was quite classic. I still break it out from time to time for the laughs. Mundt responded by going to our head instructor asking why this guy was 'attacking him'.

9. Aegis

I for one would love to see it if you can get permission to post it here (removing names for privacy purposes if desired)

10. csoby

csoby Valued Member

I will reach out to him today and see what he says. As soon as he gives the okay, I will post it.

11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Actually you know I never finished it.....I need to start that up again!

Thanks for the reminder :)

12. Aegis

Let me know if you want any co-authoring or editing. I can't help much with videos, but I can be quite scathing in prose!

13. Hannibal

The delay was because I never got replies from the associations I wrote too. The critques write themselves and "Master Mundt" has zero skills, but I wanted to show him as an outright fraud

14. csoby

csoby Valued Member

Several of our higher level instructors spoke with him. The only thing they could ever nail him down on was having ranking in the American Tae Kwon Do Association... but he claimed to never have studied martial arts in the US so I am not sure if anything that comes out of his mouth can be believed.

15. Aegis

Well, you may have seen his claim on this site that he trained over 16 hour days in martial arts from age 6 onwards. Utterly absurd - no-one can handle that level of training, especially if they're also doing basic things like sleeping, eating, going to school/work, etc. Based on the videos we all saw of him, I'd go so far as to say that a low rank in the ATA might well be the only thing he ever legitimately achieved, barring very low kyu (or other equivalent) grades in some other arts.

Sadly some people genuinely believe that they can take away all of the training from a style with a few days training or, worse yet, a few videos watched and badly copied.

16. csoby

csoby Valued Member

Back in the day (this guy has a 'school' since at least 2009) he had a note on his page that if he didn't 'know' an art you wanted to study, just let him know and he would 'learn' it.

He used to have a great video of a 'nunchuck demonstration' where the first thing he did was spin them around and drop them (he didn't bother to edit that part of the video). All of his videos were just bad... as a friend of mine said after watching some of his videos... "I don't know Tai Chi, but that is not Tai Chi".

17. Aegis

Whilst I personally have no doubt that this is exactly the sort of attitude he has to training (i.e. Prospective student: "Do you teach X?" Mundt: "Why good sir, as it happens I have only just been released from my vow of secrecy regarding that precise style! What fortuitous timing indeed!") regrettably this can only be considered hearsay at the moment. I did try putting his website into the wayback archive to see if I could find that claim, but understandably it doesn't have many captures of his online presence and the few that are available don't appear to include that particular advertisement.

18. Hannibal

Why if only someone had taken snips of all the web pages he had up and videos he had posted on it.......:evil:

19. Aegis

Did that line appear on the old site? If so, that deserves a chapter to itself in this thesis you're writing!

20. csoby

csoby Valued Member

I understand...his web page has always been challenging. It used to be nothing but large images (no actual text). I have not really looked at his site in any depth in a long time....