Master Mundt's Enhanced Martial Arts

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Hannibal, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Hive

Hive Valued Member

This thread needs a OP warning of "you will want to have some popcorn while reading this" ;)

2. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Nice! When I searched both terms, the MAP thread came up as the second result right below the link to their website.

The funny thing is the description for their site below the link on Google shows as

"Grand Master Mundt is dedicated to teaching the proper application of Martial Arts techniques. His instruction emphasizes individual development of..."

then you see the MAP thread :evil:

Seriously though for all our joking, I'm glad if MAP gets even one prospective student/customer to stop and question things.

I guess the folks at Southwick Black Belt Academy are starting to feel good about themselves. :p

3. querist

querist MAP Resident Linguist?

We most likely could, but then we'd accomplish nothing because of all the posturing about whose martial art is best. :hat:

4. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

What good will exposing such people come out of it?

Bullshido has been doing this for years, yet those same people of which Bullshido exposed, still teach, get money, and have a dedicated following without concern.

It is the decades old problem;

There isn't a governing or legal system overlooking on what a qualified martial art instructor should be.

It isn't like a academic or collegiate study.

Nor a legal, medical, or professional certification criteria

5. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

Perhaps his sponsors would also like to know about his fraud. Apparently they are/have given money for the children's programs. The most disturbing to me is the implied sponsorship of the local Boys and Girls club, who operate largely off of donations(Their logo is prominently in the background of a picture on the sponsors page).

http://enhancedmartialarts.com/sponsor.html

*wonders how long it will be till the sponsors page is pass protected too.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  6. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

I imagine the only IP addresses they have are from people who filled out one of the forms on their website. I expect the server could have been set up to record a log of visitors, to the site, but that wouldn't link up in any way to a username here on MAP or a real name without going via the ISP, which again sounds very unlikely.

It's just another attempted scare tactic.

7. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

The alternative is to do nothing and leave no information readily available for those who might want to investigate a potential instructor's claims.

I don't like the alternative...

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

A good question....*saved*

9. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

Every single one? are you 100% sure? Please give a list of thee ones that still are.

10. GaryRomel

GaryRomel Valued Member

Nice! Busted on both sides. I have a friend who was an NWO (network warefare operator) for the AF/DOD - that is probably right up your ally! My undergrad is a technical degree, fun stuff.

It baffles me he doesn't just come on here and at least face the music, if a future student sees that he can't even stand up for his basic credentials the red flags will bust through the roof!

11. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

For those who think that investigations and such have no impact then check out Konigun Ninjutsu.

12. 47MartialMan

Finding the alternative is too rash. I never had stated to do nothing.

As for the Bullshido site, it seems it has its share of looking over such.

Are we to be a martial art/artist policing forum to their level?

BTW. I know a few martial arts/schools/instructors who are STILL operation despite some scrutiny

As for involving a business bureau, they will only "seem" to investigate if a student, i.e. patron launches a complaint

13. 47MartialMan

14. Dean Winchester

15. 47MartialMan

Well, they seem to have a anti-hate campaign with that link (in my previous post) and a section titled "Beware the Cyber Hate Group"

Their site and school appears to be still in existance.

I would think, with the contact info, they still have a following.

Therefore, they appear to still be there-despite being "exposed"

16. Dean Winchester

Not in the way they used to be.

IIRC there was something of an exodus of students with some long term ones walking away.

On top of that they don't have their "founder" anymore although that had nothing to do with any investigation. Well not unless Bullshido throw downs have branched out into wet work. :eek:

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php/85168-Bryce-Dallas-Ninjutsu-org-imploded

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php/92874-Bryce-Dallas-died

17. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

I see our forum was on that court case. Some of the names of the defendants are also familiar.

18. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

All .com's potentially come under the jurisdiction of the USA even if the servers or owners aren't in the USA or haven't even been to the USA. It's a flimsy claim to jurisdiction but it's been enough to see at least one person face extradition from the UK in the past.

With that said, I doubt anybody on MAP or MAP it's self has anything to worry about. :eek:

19. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

How about moist work?

:D

20. GoldShifter

GoldShifter The MachineGun Roundhouse

Lol basically just renamed him/herself from Tippy, and posted again. Lol, if you go on their profile and see what they posted. It is just Tippy.