Master Christopher 'Topher' Ricketts - R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Peter Lewis, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

It is with great sadness that I share the awful news that Master Topher Ricketts passed away earlier today. An icon of the FMA and highly respected master of Kali Ilustrisimo and the co-founder of the Bakbakan International organisation, Master Topher will be sorely missed by many.

Thank you for your support and inspiration Master Topher.

Rest in peace.

Gumagalang

Peter

2. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

What a terrible loss to the FMA community.

RIP

3. Bambi

Bambi Valued Member

The chapter in Mark Wileys book about Master Topher was one of the things that inspired me to try out FMA.

Rest In Peace

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

FMA's loss. Rest in peace.

5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I never knew Mr. Topher, but I offer my sympathies to his family, friends and anyone affected by his passing.

6. embra

embra Valued Member

A sad day.

So its over to Peter and others, to pass on and develop Tatung Illustrisimo's art.

7. BakbakanFighter

BakbakanFighter Valued Member

Master Ricketts was one of the greats. His passing has left a huge hole in the FMA community. His support to the Bakbakan Uk Chapter will be sorely missed. Words cannot express how upsetting it is to lose such an inspirational character.

The flag flies at half mast for the Brotherhood of Bakbakan.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

8. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

The thoughts and condolences of Rapid Arnis International, the BCKEAI and the O'Malley family go out to his family, freinds and his fellow practioners.

May he rest in peace and his memorie and legacy will live on in the hearts of all who new him

9. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Oh man. Yeah, this is a huge loss to FMA. But certainly a more personal loss to people like you, Peter, John Jacobo, and others with close personal connections to the Ricketts family. My condolences to them and you. I know he'll be dearly missed.

Stuart

10. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

Hi Stuart

Many thanks for your kind words of support. I know that the Ricketts, KI and Bakbakan families will appreciate this.

Thanks to all for showing your respects to Master Topher on here. Especially, sincere thanks to Pat, who first broke the sad news to me.

Respectfully

Peter