Mas Oyama vs Bruce Lee

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Bruce_Lee93, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Bruce_Lee93

Bruce_Lee93 Martial Movie Addict

Hey people, who do you think would win in a fight, Bruce Lee or Mas Oyama?

My money would probably be on Oyama, because he'd only need one punch to win the fight, but Bruce would have the edge in speed, and this could change the outcome...

2. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Seriously?

3. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I can beat up both of them.

4. Stuart H

Stuart H On the Mandarin bandwagon

I don't think either of them are in great fighting shape these days. It's your call ;)

5. rivend

rivend Valued Member

This would be a match like ali and marciano. Two greats of their sport Bruce lee with his speed and mas oyama with his power. Question would speed overcome power? Or would power win over speed. This is actually i think a great question because wasn't martial arts thought up to help the less equiped and less powerfull person defend himself against a stronger advisary. A big cat against a bear who would win. My money would be on Mr Lee unless Mr oyama got to fight him in close and trapped him early. :)

6. Spinmaster

Spinmaster Valued Member

IMO, unless you watch videos of them in action, and break down their skills and styles[1], all this is, is idle fantasizing. Just like the "what wins, tkd kicks or boxing punches??" type of questions.

[1]And even then there would be no sure way of determining who would win, merely possible outcomes, ignoring the chance of accidents, etc.

7. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I'm going to hope that you're about 13 years old, otherwise this is a sad pathetic joke, right?

Besides, I could beat both of them. All I'd need is a shovel...

8. pmosiun

pmosiun Valued Member

It is the past, it does not matter who would win, what matters is your training, if they influence you, it is all good.

9. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

This is a silly question ..

Anyway, the match would be brutal and Oyama would break B.Lee in half.. next question :)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  10. rivend

rivend Valued Member

Whatever age the op is, the question did bring out some serious responses. And on a more serious note both men were kings of the martial arts. In my opinion. And i think to talk and ponder on their lives and abilities is a high compliment. Which is not being disrespectfull to their memories at all. In my humble opinion.

11. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I'l pwn em both using my spliff smoking MA trained Bull

12. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

Chuck Norris.

Serious answer, my money would be on Oyama. Bruce was fast and powerful but so was Oyama and he could take a beating too. Bruce's training to my knowledge never involved beating the crap out of another person while they did the same to him, so I'd say Oyama would have the edge.

13. Toki_Nakayama

Toki_Nakayama Valued Member

for entertainment's sake my money's would be on Oyama. Bruce Lee was a talented artist/ icon but i can barely find any documentation of Bruce doing challenge matches.

Mas Oyama travelled around the world fighting people from different styles and backgrounds. one exploit i like is the ruckus Oyama and his fello karateka caused in Thailand in Muay Thai bouts lol.

my Dad was a student of Oyama and based on his experiences.....yeah id definetly go with him.

14. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

If this ever actually happened the world would implode.

No one would win, and everyone would lose. Lets hope they don't come back from the dead for some kind of zombie undeath match

15. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

Yknow, I think I have an idea for a movie that hasn't been done quite to death yet....

16. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Only from you :D

This kind of top trumps post is generally a waste of time because it assumes people or arts can be broken down to "Kick 76 vs Punch 94" and trust me, the real world just isn't like that.

Mitch

17. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Who would win in a war the spartans or the mongols?

18. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Either the Spartmolians or the mongtans

19. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i demand a celebrity deathmatch episode with those two

20. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

What if Bruce Lee had a gun and Mas Oyama had a giant squid?