Martin Faulks

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by J_Alexander, Nov 16, 2010.

1. J_Alexander

J_Alexander Valued Member

Hello everyone,

I received a 'circular' email from a certain Martin Faulks claiming, amongst other arts, to be a Tai Chi expert (he has produced his own DVD's and books etc).

Does anyone know anything about him?

Jamie.

2. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

I looked at his website, seems quite out there, may be part of the hippy brigade.

http://www.martinfaulks.com/

Are you looking for taichi specifically? If so, if you ask on here you could get some better recommendations.

3. J_Alexander

J_Alexander Valued Member

Hi there,

No I am not a tai chi person, but thanks for offering the advice all the same. I only posted it here because like so many people out there, this person paints such an embarrassing and egotistical view of 'his take' on martial arts and makes those genuine and dedicated practitioners carry the can for it.

He's not doing a service to anyone at all and least of all to the martial arts he claims to be learning/practicing/teaching.

I think in the old days, someone like this would simply have 'disappeared' quite quickly once the word got out. But nowadays they just make money and give the martial arts an even worse name.

Jamie.

4. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Yep, I tottaly agree with you Jamie. Many people like this around unfortunatelly.