Martial arts star.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Cooler, Aug 5, 2002.

?

Who is the top Martial Arts Film Star

1. Bruce Lee

32 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. Jackie Chan

33 vote(s)
    35.9%
  3. Jet Li

11 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Jean-Claude Van Damme

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  5. Steven Seagal

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  6. Michelle Yeoh

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  7. Cynthia Rothrock

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. Brandon Lee

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  9. Other

7 vote(s)
    7.6%
  1. Spike

Spike New Member

I`d say Freeform has a point; Snipes` stuff has an edge to it that not many others do
    But Brandon gets points for being a decent actor

2. Dragon_Princess

Dragon_Princess Princess Available

Fuzzy Panther, we can both be his princesses if he'd allow that. hhhhhhhmmm...he's generous...he may say, hey dragon_princecss, fuzzy panther, both of you, be in my life. :confused: :)

3. big e

big e New Member

mine would be joint
    bruce lee coz he was a great MA
    an michelle yeoh i say no more

4. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

well, just had to vote for the undisputed Queen of ma movies
    Cynthia Rothrock ... hoping to join her in June http://www.taekwondo.to/casting_call1.htm ..... ooh I hope maybe I can make my break!!! heehee:D

5. Mr Heel Hook

Mr Heel Hook New Member

Well...since I wasn't listed on this I voted for Jackie. I mean, come on...Police Story? Armor of God? How can you compair??????

6. Cain

Cain New Member

Bruce Lee rulez :D

Geez!!! It's a pity he died at a young age, wonder how much of a change he would have brought to the martial arts?

|Cain|

7. Guitarboy1212

Guitarboy1212 New Member

Bruce Lee!

8. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

best movie m.a. star

1 -- Jackie
    2 -- Jet Li
    3 -- Wesley Snipes (even though he wasn't in the list)

But Michelle Yeoh is the hottest kung fu babe. Yep.

9. Kwan Jang

Kwan Jang Valued Member

-Best projection and on-screen presence : Bruce Lee. -Most Entertaining : Jackie Chan. Nicest person/Best personality : Cyndi Rothrock. One I Like To Pimp Slap Around the Most: Ernie Reyes, JR. (BTW-He's coming out w/ WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE this summer in a co-starring role. It stars the Pro Wrassler, the Rock. He says the fight scenes are great and he liked the project, so I'm hoping it will be a good one for the home team).

10. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

As far as movies go Jackie, Jet, and Bruce are all great. But i gave the vote to Jet because i figured Jackie and Bruce would have enough votes.

11. AikiSamurai

AikiSamurai New Member

What MA does Snipes do?

12. inacan

inacan New Member

The legend Bruce Lee. Jet Li & Jackie Chan come tied for 2nd place along with Chuck Norris.

13. oneil357

oneil357 New Member

Bruce Lee paved the way for all the "martial artist" who appear in films today thay still show his films in theatersaround the world. Bruce is the greates of all time. RIP

14. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Karate and capoeria. I think shotokan karate, but my memory is not 100% certain. Last I read about him, he was in the process of opening a capo. school.

15. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

Donny Yen from Iron Monkey and once upon a time in china part 3 i think damn he is smooth also if you can get hold of the Hong Kong Kung Fu series damn he does some nice moves..... and he does it so easily

16. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

Yup Tai-gip I agree with you on this one. My choice is definitly Donnie Yen, but not much american know about him. Unless your into HK films. His only hollywood film are small roles such as Blade 2, High Lander End Game, and Shanghai Knight. Although he did choregraph Blade 2 I think. Donnie Yen's more into directing and choregraphing fights rather than performing. Is too bad his directing sucks haha. I much rather watch movies when people have control over him. His such a perfectionist, all his technique are perfectly executed in every way. And I just love his unique way of kicking. I have no clue why Steven Seagal is even on the list:eek: That guy is such a bad actor and bad martial artist. He said he could take anybody out in hollywood in a real match!:confused: How arrogant of him.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2003
  17. Jim

Jim New Member

Ray Park (Darth Maul, 'Toad' from X-Men and soon to be Iron Fist) and he's a Scot!