Martial arts shoes

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by waya, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Kwondo

Kwondo 3rd Dan WTF Taekwondo

I have a pair that I just cant part with cause I love them so much and they're so comfortable too. And they're too old to see the logo :S

But I dont wear them because I slip on the floor for starters, and I hate it when you take them off and do a class and you feel like your naked without them. So I really only wear them to tournaments (not competing of course) or when I'm testing (grading others that is)

2. Griffen

Griffen New Member

training shoes

Shoes are important i know, but there are sides to every story.

While some schools train barefoot, you have to remember eventually most attacks do not come in the shower or by the pool.

Reg' shoes or cross trainers are good for people that are also involved in other sports besides M.A. They also make you comfortable during an attack, as these will be what you normally wear to the mall, or at a party.

M.Arts shoes: a little pricey, and not for the amatuer, but worth it for those that take M.A for the long haul. They are a lot lighter and make training a lot easier, but don't have very good heel support. I recommend a split sole shoe, high top, especially if you have had an injury or bad feet.

Result: You can't really take a time out and fight barefoot or say hang on while you lace up your new super support, high kicking, advanced spin kick training shoes, so go with what feel comfortable.
    Part of the journey of arts is survival.

3. kareem

kareem New Member

well i train barefoot as well but i have been known to go through many tkd shoes. i guess it all depends and how much they are used. i know for a fact it is significantly harder to strecth in shoes than your barefeet. but once u get the hang of it theres no problem. when i go back and forth from barefeet to shoes i tend to trip alot. maybe im just a clutz. personally i like adiddas but ive had just about every brand name. the best is walking on the rubber mats with new shoes and shocking all the students by accident( wink wink)