Martial arts movies due for 2019

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Monkey_Magic, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

Which martial arts films are due out in 2019? What’s likely to be any good?

2. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Off the top of my head, I believe we can expect another installment of the Ip Man series - No. 4 I think

There may also be a heavy martial arts theme in the live action remake of Mulan, and I dare say that John Wick will be busting a move or 2, when he next graces our screens.

Travess

axelb likes this.
  3. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

I’m not sure what to make of yet another Ip Man. I didn’t get past the second film, which I felt was not in the same league as Ip Man 1. Have I been missing out?

4. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

I'd say that you are pretty much on the same page as me - I loved the 1st one (which I have viewed more than once) watched the 2nd one (but only the once) and could not make all the way through the 3rd (despite several attempts)

Will I give no. 4 a go? Yes, yes I will - But that is down to me being a huge Donnie Yen fan, and not down to any faith in the series.

**Edit**
    Just read your post in another thread, and if you class Light Sabers as a Martial art (which I do) then I'd also add SW Episode IX to the above list.

Travess

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    axelb and Monkey_Magic like this.
  5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Alita: Battle Angel is released later this month. It's based on the anime Battle Angel Alita and while heavily based in the sci-fi genre it will feature a great deal of martial arts action. It's directed by James Cameron so it will be good!

6. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

John Wick 3 ought to be good.

7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

All the reasons.

Attached Files:

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Over rated rubbish in my opinion.

Ip Man 1 was Fist of Fury remake. Teases a Bruce Lee cameo.
    Ip Man 2 was the first part of the initial story of Hou Yan Jia's legend of fighting a boxer. Teases a Bruce Lee cameo.
    Ip Man 3.... we got Mike Tyson and also teases a Bruce Lee cameo.
    Ip Man 4... Teases a Bruce Lee cameo.

9. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Ooooh, I didn't know that! Woo-ooo! ::happy:: His Wolverine healing ability aside, I loved the first two.