Martial Arts is extremely physically demanding work out, what do you welcomed

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Bubble99, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Bubble99

Bubble99 Valued Member

What do you welcomed for being very out of shape?

Martial Arts is extremely high cardio, energy work out. Very high stamina and physically demanding work out on the body.

And to be good enough in shape to keep up with a one hour martial arts lesson.:cry::cry::cry:

Is swimming or cycling good? When I was young I use to really like swimming and cycling.

What about walking,hiking or jogging?

I like these over hitting the gym or going on a treadmill.:bang:

When I was young I use to swim,ride my bike and use to go walking in the woods. When I got older I stop doing this.

But I hear martial arts are more aerobic exercise than swimming or walking.

That if you can do aerobic exercise really well you can do martial arts ;)keeping up with one hour martial arts lesson.

Also I read lifting weights is really good to have strong bones and muscle and also taking protein supplements.

2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Depends on the MA. Most can be good cardio workouts.

However, while TCC can be a great workout in a number of ways, it isn't for cardio development.

And I don't know about more than other exercises. It is one good way to get in a cardio workout, there are other good ways.

And it all depends on how hard you push yourself. I see some push themselves hard - getting a good workout. I also see some who go through the motions, but don't break a sweat. And that is also true of any exercise.

3. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

just doing your ma should in itself be an effective way to develop your cardio (but perhaps not optimal). pretty much any kind of cardio will do, so choose what you find most fun (as it's what you'll actually do anyway.

protein supplementation is unnecessary if you eat right, but it can be convenient.

4. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

I'm not understanding what you're asking. Are you asking what supplemental routines can help you get you through your one-hour MA class?

Are you gassing-out before the class is through? If so, I'd say keep going to the class and do more of what you're doing.

There is no easy road to cardio-fitness.

5. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Let's start by doing one and then worry about any gaps?

6. Bubble99

Bubble99 Valued Member

I would take up swimming and walking but if it is going to do nothing for me than I would do aerobic exercise program.

But if swimming,walking,cycling or hiking will help me than I will do that over aerobic exercise program.

7. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

All those can be a good exercise. To get aerobic benefits, you have to have a good pace. A casual walk won't give you nearly the aerobic benefits of a brisk walk that gets your heart and lungs going at a faster pace.

As I mentioned before, it is all about how hard you push yourself.