Martial Arts conformity experiment

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Yohan, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Can we come up with the Chinese name for that? Fish Of Doom - can you translate Cobra Kai (or at least Cobra) to chinese and send it to me?

Regards,
    John Davenport

2. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

Nice :D

There should be a few years-old fight videos of my MMA fights still floating around the internet. Probably obscure enough that they could be used as "proof" if ripped and rehosted?

Then again they're mostly decision losses so they might not be the best material :eek:

3. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

In THAT case I'm IN like big haired chicks at a bon jovi concert!

4. Yohan

No that's perfect. That is perfect. Especially if you have some newer footage of yourself winning because then we can make the "oh I used to suck till I embraced the way of whatever whatever" argument.

5. querist

querist MAP Resident Linguist?

How did I miss this one? Is it too late to participate? This could be very interesting to see how this is conducted.

6. querist

Ah... interesting...

I though you were really trying to synthesize a new form. With all due respect, I'll just watch. I won't tell anyone what you're doing, though. (And if you need any linguistic help, my Chinese is quite good and my Japanese is OK.)

7. Yohan

Awesome :D

8. querist

This post is a test. This is only a test. Had it been an actual post it would have contained helpful, useful, or at least amusing content. This is only a test.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  9. querist

This is way too funny. You guys just made my day!

If this is going to be a "Chinese" art, I can help with technique names, etc, too. Do you want them in Mandarin or Cantonese?

10. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Oh god. this is perfect.
    Giacomo can be one of my two disciples (the other being big mikey) who split off a decided that the style needed to be truly tested.
    We should make some fake "gracie invasion" type footage.

I'm neutral on arguments they have and have decided that "Each person must find his own path to understanding" or some deep BS like that.

It's the rivalry been the two groups that'll make it believable.

Also - I think canto names sound much cooler (HK pride).

But we should make some back stories for the people involved.

11. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

Actually I'll pass, I already spend unnecessary time on the net, :D

12. querist

I have my bilingual copy of Confucius' Analects right here at my desk. If you want philosophy in Chinese... :)

OK - I'll volunteer for the "Traditional" side, though I may later defect to the "application / sport" side if it will provide for a little drama. :)

This is WAY TOO FUNNY.

13. Mangosteen

i could be:
    Jeremy Tough, a young man who grew up in China and the generic "East" and rediscovered a long forgotten fighting style from remote villages in China that were left overs of Alexander the Great's army. They had preserved the ancient grappling and striking styles of the time, as well as weapon skills.
    I had many fantastical matches with <insert MA>-ers and won many fights, however i soon found that i could not be happy with this and began studying with <querist?> to calm my soul.

14. Yohan

Great. The style is Chinese with influences from Pankration.

I still think your name should be Zaad. Zaad something. Also, the third and final guruship now passes on to jkd_si.

Will you claim the guruship? Or will it be passed on to Forero?

15. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

I think you'll find those are actually guys! :hat:

16. Yohan

So do you want a black belt or what?

17. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

I can't be arsed mate theres enough crappy fraudulent styles out there already. :)

18. Yohan

:)

19. Mangosteen

This is why i'm wondering if im the best fit for GM.
    Zaad is a typically persian name.
    Any suggestions on surnames.
    Also are you gonna come up with some fictional stuff for me? Because i'm 19 and no one is gonna believe a 19 year old GM.

20. Yohan

Hm. Do you want to switch with someone?