Martial Arts conformity experiment

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Yohan, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I would like to start an experiment. I would like to keep this experiment relatively private. I want to see if we can convince people of the validity of a Martial Art purely through conformity. I think we can conduct a variety of interesting social experiments with this model. We are going to create a Martial Art. I want to establish a "grand master," 3 disciples, 6 black belts and 10-20 practitioners. First I'm going to need some volunteers. The first person to volunteer gets to be the grand master.

2. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

3. Happy Feet Cotton Tail

Happy Feet Cotton Tail Valued Member

I volunteer, this sounds very interesting.

4. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

DAMN,,,, too late. I'll trade you a 19th dragon lord sash in Gojushotokwonhapkichido if you let me be the assistant grand master... Obviously I wouldnt be "grand"... maybe I could just be the quite fancy master?

5. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

I'd like to volunteer but I'd like a bit more detail first, such as how are we carrying this out? Via PM? Another forum?

6. jkd_si

jkd_si Valued Member

i'm in, sounds interesting

7. forero

forero Valued Member

I'd like to participate, but only if you can assure me that this thread isn't a social experiment to see how many people would say yes to such a propsition.

8. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Can I be the one to question your lineage and challenge you to a fight with fudge sticks?

9. Bigmikey

.... you had me at fudge....

10. Mangosteen

How is this going to work? do i pretend to be a 19 year old grandmaster?
    It would work, i could claim re-incarnation, as i am indian, so its believable.
    and BigMikey - you can be my top disciple.

11. Bigmikey

Not without an appropriately impressive title. A boys gotta have standards after all.

12. Mangosteen

13. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

but mikey must be big!

he should be the "larguru"

i might be in as soon as i know more details, but want more info first.

14. Mangosteen

Bara guru? - Big guru.

Yeah some more info would be could.

Fish - remember the PM i sent you?
    " Fish - you know what. theres a lot of money in this ninja thing. i think we should gather a group of us to start our own Ninjutsu that only does parkour and cool ninja things like smoke screens and stuff. We can call it Sakanakan. (Fish-Kan in japanese)."

15. Yohan

Ok so far we've got:

Parama-Guru "Zaad"

Zaad has to go. You've got to pick a different name. Don't make it unbelievable. Something Western with a little flash.

We've got Guru Mike something (pick a last name)

Guru Giacomo - pick a name

Mike is a big guy and he's an older gentleman so it lends credibility to the organization. Giacomo used to practice the jits, so it lends more credibility to the organization.

Coronavirus - you have first right of refusal on the last guru position. I don't know the details yet because I haven't made them up yet. So make the call. Otherwise it goes to JKD_SI

Forero, Fish of Doom you are both blackbelts.

Llama, you will be our first official devil's advocate.

Ok so the first order of business - we need a name. The official name will be announced via PM. Taking recommendations now.

16. Fish Of Doom

deal! i'll teach the art of looking small

17. Bigmikey

I wanna be Bara Dragon Guru Mike of the Iron Pinky Toe.

... no, wait... Bara Guru Dragon Mike of the Iron Pinky Toe.... thats better....

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  18. Fish Of Doom

name suggestion: mind-bending fist. will look up the chinese and japanese translations now :D

19. Yohan

The first thing I want to do is convince people we've started a credible Martial Arts organization with a location and students and things without actually doing any of those things. I've got a few ideas here, and the first thing I need is about 10-20 people who will cooperate.

20. Mangosteen

western with a little flash?
    I dunno. D**ksmash McIronC**k?
    Name suggestions anyone?

Yeah Zaad is my real name so i dont want to use that.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011