Martial Artists VS Street Fighters

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Karate Freak, Sep 2, 2006.

1. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

look! the street figher won!! and he even has a positive message for the pajama wearing kiap yelling morons!

Attached Files:

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

LOL!:D

Watch out man.. he fights like an adult!

Ya don't say. :p

3. NaziKiller

NaziKiller New Member

Haha, big laughs, slip.

What I meant was, he was smaller, but not very small, and I could see he was going full force at me, but I still evaded or blocked every single on of his hits.

4. Lily

Lily Valued Member

If a girl wanted to be a streetfighter what is the dress code? Or is the word 'streetfighter' gender specific?

5. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

Something like this would work well

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  6. Lily

Lily Valued Member

I want to swear but I'll just refrain from saying anything. Why?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Mav - do they have that in black?)

7. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

for you, anything.

8. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Hey! What happened to the indecent image? Are you becoming a better person Mav or are you just scared of the mods?

Anyway, the costume is actually for a male friend with man boobs who wants to be the scariest streetfighter this world has ever seen.

9. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

no, i felt that a character from street fighter would be more appropriate to answer your question about "street fighter" uniforms.

10. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Thanks Mav. Those puffed sleeves are ugly, I'd cut those off.

11. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

This thread seems to have gone from discussing 'street fighters' to 'sweet fighters'.

Bless. :love:

12. nam

nam Valued Member

i think that ma or not one of the first thing that make someone win a street fight is that he can receve a punch in the face and continu to fight... not just put his head down and see nothing!!!!

(ps. sorry for my bad english)

13. 1stdeathgodfist

1stdeathgodfist New Member

whats the difference between streetfighting and other typers of hanhd ot hand fighting their all just fighting and how do you learn how to streetfight

14. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

by fighting streets, duh!

15. Cloud9

Cloud9 Valued Member

Step 1. Leave your house
    Step 2. Find a tough/bad neighborhood
    Step 3. Look for physically fit men in their late teens to 30s hanging out in groups
    Step 4. Pick a fight. Start calling them names, insult their mothers, hit one or two and call them punks.

Repeat process on a daily basis. Make sure you get in some daytime fights and nighttime fights.

If that becomes too easy, look for physically fit gang bangers with tattooes and offer to take any of them on in a no rules unarmed fight. Be careful with these as most are armed.

If you win, run like hell because they'll go for their gun to save face/honor/whatever.

You should be able to get in a fight a day minimum to 3-4 fights a day. Be prepared to fight with makeshift street weapons ie. broken bottle, garbage can lid, knife, stick, belts, multiple opponents (fight usually starts with a single person and if it looks like they're losing, a friend or relative will jump in - usually they'll try to blind side you), etc.

Have fun.

16. ronaldk

ronaldk Valued Member

if your art teaches you how to decently kick, you have a one-up IMO. although some people insist kicking is a bad idea in a street fight, due to the very fact that very seldomly do people kick in a street fight, you normally catch them off guard. it's blatantly obvious that i'm not going to go for a stylistic kick to the head while i'm wearing jeans that restraint my flexibility, but hell.

for example; say they come in for a punch and you catch them with a step-sidekick to the stomach. land that well, and i'd almost declare you the winner of the fight. a good sidekick to the stomach, and they'll be open to any nasty followup you'd have in mind.

i can see why people say not to try any fancy technical moves, which is a logical stance, however, if you keep it simple enough to make it safe, but fancy enough to surprise them, i still think you have the upper hand against a common streetfighter.

be fast, be effective, and hit 'em hard, and you'll be pretty well off.

17. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Its refreshing to see someone take this debate seriously for once :D

18. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

In the street it not your martial art against his street fighting art. There is NO ART to it. It is YOU against HIM and fighting spirit shall decide the outcome . SAS surprise aggresion and sustain add another S and it is simpicity. An arm break or thrust kick to the lead knee. Just my experience (oops!!) opinion.Get it over fast and leave even faster.AND DON'T GO BACK!!

koyo

19. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Whether it is a 'martial artist' or a 'street fighting artiste'

No one likes a kick in the nuts!

kicknut fu: classes starting soon.

20. Cloud9

Cloud9 Valued Member

Dom. Rep. been years since I've been there '78-79 in fact. Yes, in D.R. I'm sure that might work, not too many people wearing jeans in hot weather. :)

And no slippery ice or snow to ever worry about. Funniest fight I ever saw was in NYC while standing in line waiting to get into a nightclub. This guy with tight jeans was getting into an altercation and he tried kicking, but slipped on the icy sidewalk.

The next 5-10 minutes was hilarious as he continued to try to get up but just kept slipping on the ice and couldn't get a good stance because his jeans were so tight.

The whole line was busting up laughing. Well, at least noone got hurt in the fight... :D