Martial Art Pants for The Office

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by JOEKER, Feb 21, 2011.

1. JOEKER

JOEKER Valued Member

I'm a martial artist who works two jobs, both of which require me to wear office clothing.

I'm looking for pants that would pass for office pants (slacks, khakis, etc.) but would have to durability and flexability of martial art pants.

I know such pants exist. You see people in movies pulling off split kicks in suits. I just need to know where to find such products.

2. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

How come? Are you planning on roundhousing your boss into next week? :hat:

maybe you should hit up some vintage clothing stores for a pair of these...

[​IMG]

Admin wont know what hit 'em... clue: your shin.

3. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

One question: why? Do you need to kick people in the head during your workday without damaging your suit?

Suit pants in movies don't actually have to feel good or hang right as you walk around all day. They need to look right for approximately two seconds on film, and they need to survive a few kicks.

If you get suit pants with a gusseted crotch like most karate gi or taekwondo doboks, they'll look ridiculous. And if you get a stretchable synthetic panel in the crotch, they'll also look ridiculous in person, even if they might look good for two seconds on film.

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I think you'd get away with these.

Attached Files:

5. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

And a wrestling singlet for dress-down days!

6. Moi

Hell yeah!

7. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i actually have normal office-acceptable pants (even though i'm unemployed :p) that are perfectly stretchable for kicking, and i got them in normal clothing stores. i guess you'll just have to check different stores and sneakily test the mobility of the pants while in the changing room :p.

8. rivend

rivend Valued Member

maybe also wrangler 100% polyester stretch jeans one size bigger they look dressy and one size up would even give you more flexibility and still look like they fit

9. JOEKER

JOEKER Valued Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I love getting the question "why?" on here. The truth is comfortably. Also, on my breaks, I like to stretch and practice kicks (away from prying eyes of course). Plus both my jobs are in public places. You never know when boot to the head may serve a purpose.

10. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Been there done that :) :) :)

11. Moi

It's OK, there's no need to explain. We like weird people here. Makes the rest of us feel kinda normal. Now that is strange :)

12. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hi 'Moi'

Speak for yourself :) I am not 'normal' and I don't want to be - I am a martial artist ;)

13. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

edit: wow, wrong thread

14. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

You wear pants to work? :confused:

15. The Wiseman

The Wiseman Valued Member

Ima try that.

16. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

Depending on your work environment and atmosphere, you can probably get buy wearing some sort of cargo pants which come in different colors and lengths.. When I was working in the contracting division of hospitals, I would wear 5.11 style of pants which looked like dress pants, yet were cut so they were loose and still looked good..

I now wear bdu pants as part of my duty uniform and for years wore them when I would teach my martial arts classes instead of the standard GI due to the scheduling problems I had between classes and school.. I can recommend a store that I get my gear from now and the prices are great for daily wear pants of this nature..

www.Lapolicegear.com

17. Moi

I'm surprised you still get away that since the courtcase. That parents association obviously aren't as powerful as they thought they were