Marijuana in Martial arts

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Kuroshinobi, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Smoking cannibis is more harmful to your chest than smoking because with just tobacco your lungs try and keep the stuff out. With cannabis your lungs don't have the same defence so unless you're smoking pure weed the tobacco gets in there a little bit further than it would normally.

Also very few people use a filter in a joint. I highly recommend you start doing this, the ones for hand rolling tobacco are great. Make no difference to the effects of the weed and you won't have torn up ciggy and rizla packets everywhere which are grounds for a further search if the police ever see them

saying it's no more harmful than tobacco is like saying aids is OK 'cos you only catch it the once

2. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Agreed to a point. I only smoke a few a day, and no ciggies so my overall intake of tobacco is maybe three fags compared to if i am off the weed which is about 15-20.
    Regarding filters, I was under the impression that the filters absorbed a percentage of the THC and thus reduced the intake. I will have to look into it again.
    I was talking to my friend earlier about smoking in general and we (along with a few friends and family) agree that we do not want to give up smoking as we enjoy it but we want to keep our lungs healthy and all would rather we had never started.
    My statement about being equally bad as smoking was reference to they both knacker your lungs eventually and will raise your cancer risk.

I always hide my rizla evidence in the bottle of vodka in the dash, next to the cosh. :):cool:

3. Moi

in the fridge :)

You should come up to one of our shows in Wrexham. Stay here after We'll have a blast :)

4. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

Ladies and gentlemen.....

[​IMG]

5. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Deep Purple were Christians in the early days, stoners to a man and made some great rock but they were Christians.

6. Moi

Nobody's perfect

7. Dr NinjaBellydance

Dr NinjaBellydance What is your pleasure sir

Sorry, I'm gonna have to call you on this. I'm not sure what you're trying to say. How exactly does the cannabis get the tobacco into your lungs 'further that it would it your were smoking a cigarette'?

8. Moi

From what I remember it works in a similar way to menthol cigarettes kill you so much quicker. Something to do with it not being toxic or the body accepts it???
    Now it could have been from orginised anti-drug literature or from pro-cannabis lobby groups or it might even be true. I'll see if I can find sonething on google but the info on drugs usually contains a huge bias one way or the other

9. Moi

I've just Googled cannibis and lung damage and the first 3 links offered eveidence for both sides of the lung damage argument so the chances of knowing what's true and what isn't is pretty much none. Guess it's too politial a topic

10. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Bake it into some brownies. Problem solved.

11. Moi

Although a fantastic suggestion the effects are completely different and generally your ability to cope with day to day things is severly reduced when high from ingesting cannibis. Great fun though.

12. Omicron

Omicron is around.

Good. Just so we're clear, you are admitting that all pot users are not in fact "do nothing losers", but instead that's just your own personal (and, might I add, misguided) opinion.

So if the law changed tomorrow and booze became illegal, you would completely remove it from your life, no questions asked? Wow. Talk about buying into the party line.

If it's not for you, that's fine. But surely you can see why people take exception to you barging in and calling everyone who chooses differently than you a "loser."

13. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I think maybe you should have said "I wouldn't knowingly associate with anyone who does".

You may be surprised how many of your associates have taken drugs at some time.

I would be clean anyhow, but I do drugs and alcohol tests for my work and I asked the nurse if many people fail the test, she said "more than you may think".

14. SpikeD

@moi:
    Are you asking me on a date?:love:

@Dr Ninjabellydance (wtf):
    I remember reading that weed smokers tend to inhale deeper and longer than ciggie smokers and that that increases the damage done.

@simons:
    I remember those pee tests well, lol, and the rather ingenious (and scary) ways to circumvent them. Waste of time IMO as i can't imagine a company sacking all the staff that show positive to recreational drug use, The unemployment queue would get a hell of a lot longer.

15. Moi

yes but I have to warn you I seldom put out on the first one unless it's for money. I have my pride and reputation to think of.

it's kind of an open invitation to most/any Map user. If your ever up this way you have somewhere to stay and our cage shows are awsome. You being a smoker makes it more of a laugh and a good excuse to get hammered

16. Moi

they're being used more and more at the start of employment which is a pain. I went through 3 weeks of he'll a couple of years back for a job I didn't really want but the pay and hours were excellent. A Finnish company. They're big on testing in that part of the world. With any other drug it's easy to be clean for then. Cannibis is a pain.

Remember just say no Kids! (anyone remember Zammo?)

17. tkd GU

tkd GU Valued Member

I always thought the european custom of mixing herb with tobacco was a strange one. Tobacco is foul. Why skank up your weed by mixing it with tobacco? It's bad enough that you're inhaling carbon monoxide and various tars, why add nicotine to the mix?

18. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I suppose it depends on what industry you are in. Some of our guys work on the rail and London Underground among others have the test as a basic requirement. I don't really need the test, but you can't ask anyone to do anything you would not do yourself.

Some of our guys have jost thier jobs when failing the test.

19. SpikeD

Agreed. Some jobs you need to be straight-headed to do properly (like a surgeon. No Weird Al joke intended) However, as weed is detectable in the urine as long as 14 weeks after your last spliff (presuming a heavy habitual smoker) it is unfair to sack someone who may always be sober at work but enjoy a joint after work.
    It would be fairer if they had a more definitive test that could detect if you are actually under the influence whilst at work (a crafty smoke at lunch perhaps).
    A lot of staff go to the pub for lunch and consume alcohol and yet this is deemed acceptable to a degree, obviously coming back from lunch steaming with a kebab would draw a lot more attention. :)

20. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I think that the drug testing was introduced so that companies would have one more tick in their favor if they have to fire someone later on. It would make it easier to justify firing an employee.

I could be wrong though.