MAP Special Offer!! 2013 Leverage Submission Grappling Fundamentals Seminars

Discussion in 'Event promotion forum' started by Levo, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Levo

Levo Nathan Leverton

Investment in your martial arts learning and help Martial Arts Planet at the same time.

Take a step towards achieving your 2013 grappling goals by signing up for a Leverage Submission Grappling Fundamental seminar at the reduced rate of only £25 for MAP members and £10 from each purchase will be donated to this website!

The first two seminars for 2013 are to be held in Leicester on Sunday 20th January and Sunday 10th February, full details below...​

Leverage Submission Grappling Fundamentals Seminar 01 - Basic Skills & Mount​

Date: Sunday 20th January 2013
    Time: 12pm NOON to 5pm

• High percentage fundamental techniques.
    • Competition tested methods of controlling and finishing an opponent.
    • Suitable for students and coaches alike.
    • Quickest way to experience our successful basics curriculum.
    • Review & revise your grappling fundamentals.
    BOOK ONLINE:Special Offer £25 for MAP Members

This event is a repeat of the first in the successful Leverage Submission Grappling Fundamentals Seminar series.

Suitable for all levels, this seminar series covers fundamental grappling positions in depth for students and instructors alike. It is a hands on seminar and therefore suitable training clothing is to be worn.

Fundamentals Seminar 01 takes a detailed look at grappling theory, basic skills and the mount position (pins, transitions, escapes and submissions).

All fundamentals seminars can be attended as a one off session or as part of the ongoing program and in any order.

BOOK ONLINE:Special Offer £25 for MAP Members

Leverage Fundamentals Seminar Series:

01 Basic Skills, Mount - January 20th 2013
    02 Basic Skills, Side Control - February 10th 2013
    03 Turtle, Back Mount.
    04 Closed Guard.
    05 Open Guard, Guard Passing.
    06 Half Guard, Headlocks and Bodylocks.

Photos from Seminar 01 debut in 2012.
    BJJ blog review of Seminar 04

Leverage Submission Grappling Fundamentals Seminar 02 - Side Control

Date: Sunday 10th February 2013

BOOK ONLINE: Special Offer £25 for MAP Members

This event is a repeat of the SECOND in the Leverage Submission Grappling Fundamentals Seminar series. Seminar 02 features a brief review of grappling theory and basic skills then takes a detailed look at the side control position (pins, transitions, escapes and submissions).

Testimonials

"Nathan Leverton has a deep understanding of submission wrestling and mixed martial arts. This along with his patience and natural teaching ability makes him a great coach.".

- Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy
    UFC Fighter

"Nathan is a highly technical and skilled submission wrestler. Added to this he is an excellent instructor with patience and natural teaching ability. He can train anyone at any level from novice to seasoned professional. Any time I come back to England I make sure to get as much time as possible with Nathan to learn the most up to date and effective moves."

- James "Lightning" Wilks
    UFC Veteran, The Ultimate Fighter Season 9 Winner

"Nathan is a great coach and very friendly guy! He knows his stuff and is constantly on the look out to further his knowledge which he is all to keen to share. I learnt a lot from him, and look forward to working with him again in the future."

- "Slick" Nick Osipczak
    UFC Veteran, The Ultimate Fighter Season 9 UK Team Member

"Nathan’s a good friend and a fantastic coach. I always enjoy training with the Leicester Shoot guys and girls, and inevitably come away with some crucial pointers to tighten up and improve my game."

- Rosi Sexton
    Cage Warriors Female World Champion

"[Nathan] Leverton's instruction totally lived up to my expectations: intelligent, detailed and thorough. The breadth of his experience was immediately evident"

- Can Sönmez, slideyfoot.com

"Awesome grappler, great coach, and genuine person, with an open mind to learning, not what it says in the book, but what works."

- Paul "Semtex" Daley
    UFC Veteran

"Whilst training at Leicester Shootfighters the level of technical ability was extremely high and I learnt a lot which I added to my game"

- Bradley Scott
    The Ultimate Fighter: UK vs Australia Finalist

"Nathan Leverton brings an analytical, thought-out style of instruction to his classes and seminars that make them useful for both beginner and advanced grapplers. His flow from one technique to the next is logical and clear in a way that allows new grapplers to see the big picture while facilitating the transitional improvement of the experienced participants. Most importantly, in my opinion, Nathan focuses on high-yield, functional techniques. In a time when Jiu Jitsu is becoming increasingly more focused on the aesthetic and the "new," it's refreshing to get clear, good, functional ground game."

- Hillary Williams
    IBJJF Black/Brown Belt World, Pan Am and NoGi Champion; ADCC Bronze Medallist

"Nathan's understanding of the fundamental skills and tools needed to build an effective no-gi grappling game are second to none, he never misses the small details that count. This is shown in his Leverage grappling syllabus and series of seminars that cover the fundamentals, these seminars are without doubt some of the best I have attended!"

- Matt Thorpe
    12 Gauge MMA Head Coach; King Of The Cage, Cage Warriors and Bodog Fight veteran

"I've trained in Brazil, the west coast, east coast & all over Europe. Very few coaches really stand out & Nathan is one of them. You can tell when he teaches, not only does he understand the leverage and timing of a position but he can articulate those things to you in a concise manner. Not only was I impressed enough to travel to England twice but I actually flew him to the US to teach at my academy. My students are anxiously waiting for his return as well."

- Roli Delgado
    BJJ Black Belt; UFC & The Ultimate Fighter Veteran

"I was introduced to and guided through my MMA career by Nathan Leverton. I came to him a few years ago with very little knowledge about MMA and now I fight in the UFC. He is a genuine person who is putting his heart and time into helping me achieve my potential. For all those who wish to learn grappling or any from of MMA, whether it be a beginner or a professional fighter, then Nathan is the man to see. I have not come across better."

- Andre Winner
    UFC Veteran; The Ultimate Fighter Season 9 Finalist

Seminar 01 - January 20th:Special Offer £25 for MAP Members
    Seminar 02 - February 10th: Special Offer £25 for MAP Members

Nathan

Nathan

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

This ad has been approved by the admin team, so please enjoy the reduced ticket prices and let us all know how much you enjoy yourselves!

3. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Great offer from Levo!! The group is a class act and it wouldn't hurt anyone to have a couple of sessions with them. Fantastic gift to the MAP community!! Thanks muchly Levo!!

4. Levo

Levo Nathan Leverton

Thank you for the very kind words.

I hope some members of the MAP community take advantage of the offer. Each session is 5-6 hours long and distils over 15 years of my experience in MMA and grappling down to the most fundamental and important techniques, principles, strategies and tactics. I think few people wouldn't find it useful if they are interested in improving their grappling knowledge and ability.

Nathan

5. icefield

icefield Valued Member

ill second this, anyone interested in no gi or grappling for MMA should attend this.

Levo is one of the most experienced coaches in the UK and has no peer (in my opinion) when it comes to disecting the sports different components and improving the game of both novice grappler and pro fighter alike. At this price people would be silly not to attend

6. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Hi Levo

Will novices be okay in the class, or will they just hold back the group?

7. icefield

icefield Valued Member

hi JWT not sure if levo gets on here that much if you contact leicester shootfighters on facebook (mods hope thats on to put) you will get a response there, not to put words in his mouth but its a fundermental seminars suitable for all levels so you should be fine :)

8. John Titchen

Thanks icefield. :)

9. icefield

icefield Valued Member

no problem if you go ill be there so say hello:)

10. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

So envious... would be an awesome event to attend! Lucky ducks! :D

anyone who goes post up pics and vids!!!! :)

11. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Just to confirm what Icefield says, I got in touch with Nathan on facebook and the event is suitable for grappling noobs.

I hope to see a few of you there, I'll be the one stuck in a corner tied into an interesting knot :D

Mitch

12. John Titchen

With his own gold mankini no less. :)

13. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Make sure you get photos... :D :hat:

14. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

You could always come see for yourself :)

Mitch

15. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I'll have to see what I'm up to in real life a bit nearer the time (and how my back recovery is going).

16. Levo

Levo Nathan Leverton

Basic answer:

All levels are welcome, there are always a range of people from totally new students to experienced coaches at these seminars.

To ramble a bit further:

The techniques are simple (but, simple doesn't mean easy of course). Also, each session is very information heavy so on the one hand it may be a little overwhelming for a total beginner, but on the other hand you'll be getting exposed to the techniques and principles in one session that hopefully you'll be using for years to come. Basically, bring a notebook!

I've trained with people where I was out my depth and only understood it years later but having been exposed to the information first made me get there quicker.

If a session is challenging all the better. I saw the great writer Alan Moore talk last year and to paraphrase something he said that stuck with me: "I only read books I don't understand, what's the point of reading something I already know?".

Nathan

17. Levo

Levo Nathan Leverton

Leverage Submission Grappling Fundamentals Seminar 03 - Turtle & Back

Leverage Submission Grappling Fundamentals Seminar 03 - Turtle & Back Mount

Date: Sunday 24th March 2013

This event is a repeat of the THIRD in the Leverage Submission Grappling Fundamentals Seminar series.

Seminar 03 takes a detailed look at the turtle and back mount positions (positional dominance, transitions, escapes and submissions).

Leverage Submission Grappling 2013 Fundamentals Seminar Series:

01 Basic Skills, Mount - January 20th 2013
    02 Basic Skills, Side Control - February 10th 2013
    03 Turtle, Back Mount - March 24th 2013
    04 Closed Guard.
    05 Open Guard, Guard Passing.
    06 Half Guard, Headlocks and Bodylocks.

18. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

I shall have to see how pennies are at the end of the month, definitely sounds like something I'd love to attend.

19. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Money willing I'll try and get to the February or March one and bring some friends along.

20. Levo

Levo Nathan Leverton

Great to see some interest here.

5 places left on January seminar.

Nathan