MAP Meet 2013 Date Set

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by John Titchen, Mar 19, 2013.

?

Will you be attending this year's MAP Meet? (answers are public)

1. Yes!

61.3%
  2. Maybe

38.7%
  1. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

2. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Looks like a great venue.

3. John Titchen

I'm looking forward to seeing some familiar faces again and meeting a number of new people.

Digging through my files I found this old picture from a previous MAP Meet of a stouter me talking through how I use body armour.

www.mapmeet.co.uk

Attached Files:

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Ditto.

There will be those reading this a little nervous about elitism, their level of skill or physical condition, or maybe being the odd one out and all I'd say is, "come along and have a real good time".

Everyone I've met through MAP has been more than welcoming, wiling to exchange points of view and just happy to put a face against a username.

A lot of work has gone on behind the scenes to get this meet organised (mainly by jwt) and it would be great to see you all there.

Hopefully we can keep the camera away from Mitch this time and get some pictures for those who are just to far away to come along.

5. John Titchen

The great thing about a MAP meet is the sheer spread of people. I'm expecting to teach and train alongside people with only a few months experience as well as people with fifty years of training under their belt - and whatever the skill level of the person I train with, I expect to have a great time.

I don't know many senior martial arts grades who don't feel that they can learn something new or improve by training alongside or teaching a beginner.

6. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

hopefully come payday i'll be able to get my ticket sorted, really looking forward to this one =D might try and drag my sensei along too ^_^

7. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

The more the merrier! Drag along a load of fellow students too!

8. Kuniku

I'll print of a poster or two and pass them around, but our club is a bit shy on numbers recently, Sensei seemed keen providing he's free though, I'll try and remember to post a link to the event page on the clubs facebook later though, wider audience that way ^__^

9. Z0mbii

Z0mbii New Member

I'm really thinking about coming to this it looks great, I'm particularly interested in the sessions with Nathan Leverton and Bill Nobbs. That's without factoring in Jeet Kune Do!

My question: Will each instructor run their "session" in parallel, will each potentially run the four hours if enough interest?

10. John Titchen

Good question.

There are 3-4 potential training zones and 9 instructors.
    There will always be at least one grappling and one striking option on at a time.
    Some instructors will teach two classes - no one will do four - they are here to try something else as well!

So - how will it run?

Step One. Turn up in good time - ideally 10-1030. I know that's early, but that gives us time for the next bit.
    Step Two. Register or pay.
    Step Three. Declare your interests in order of priority. I may also ask you to give me a 1st 2nd 3rd on a mock timetable.
    Step Four. Get changed.
    Step Five. We'll announce and publish a training rota of instructors to try and please the most people.
    Step Six. Four great classes.
    Step Seven. Debauched chat in the bar upstairs.

11. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Sods law my competition in June is on the same day as I wanted to come as my Jujitsu instructor will be teaching (Smurf).

Grrr...

Osu!

Dan93

12. Simon

A poll has now been added, so please let us know if you are attending this year's MAP Meet.

13. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

14. Kuniku

yarp! still hoping to drag people with ^__^

15. Simon

Excellent. Look forward to seeing you.

16. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I've committed myself, so now the floodgates can open.

Now no-one has the excuse of not going because they're afraid they'll be the worst person there! :cry:

17. Aegis

Cheers to everyone saying they're going. Please don't forget to pay in advance using Paypal if you want your £5 discount over the "on the day" price.

We'd prefer to handle as little money there as possible and maximise our own training time!

Payment details can be found on the Meet homepage.

18. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

I've just paid.

19. Shardul

Shardul New Member

How annoying :( I would have been really interested to come but it is the day before my school's grading >_<

When do you think you will be having another one?

20. Aegis

We try to run a big one once a year. There are sometimes smaller (often unofficial) meets organised between the official ones, but those are not guaranteed!