MAP Meet 2013 Date Set

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by John Titchen, Mar 19, 2013.

?

Will you be attending this year's MAP Meet? (answers are public)

1. Yes!

61.3%
  2. Maybe

38.7%
  1. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

So many people I want to teach me things but only 4 hours :(

2. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

There will be lots of time to talk in the bar that overlooks the dojo afterwards.

3. John Titchen

Hey, it's one of the major centres for Judo in this country. We've got some great grappling and Judo instructors and I'm sure the local Judo club will support it. You know you want to come!

Don't tell me you're already tied up that weekend?

4. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

^ you might not be far off (on that last point)

5. John Titchen

Attached Files:

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

*Packs old Judo gi* :)

7. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

That's my question answered :)

8. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I'd love to go to this. MAP meets are always brilliant. (Well, OK, the two I've been to were both brilliant.)

It's just such a long way away, that's the only trouble. And in the middle of nowhere. But it would be a blast!

9. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

All anyone needs to do is manage to get to a local train or bus station.

I have a 6 seater and will make myself available to pick people up and drop them off.

I will be staying after the event for the meal, but can drop people at the station either before or after.

10. John Titchen

Hi

High Wycombe has a train station. You can go there on the Chiltern Line from either Marylebone or from Birmingham Moor Street/Snow Hill (both a 5 minute walk from Birmingham New St). :D

High Wycombe has 2 M40 Junctions. :D

There is a Holiday Inn and Travelodge in town, both within a mile of the centre. :D

11. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I'm aiming to be there so may have space in the car from Nottingham.

I may even provide mankinis :D

MItch

12. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I would offer to give you a lift down (I'll be driving from Leeds to London) but I've a feeling that when weturn up at my mum's flat to stay the night she'll say "Who the hell's this bloke!?!". :)

13. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Why would she say that to Johnno?

14. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

You mean she'll probably fancy me. And you fear the thought of having to call me 'Dad'. ;)

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

16. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I see you got the webcam fixed. :D

17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Cos she's a crotchety old cow.
    Or maybe because he's some bloke I know off the internet and have only met once and she lives in a 2 bed flat and I don't fancy sharing the sofa with him.
    No offence like. :)

18. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Two beds, one sofa, three people. I don't see the problem with that (unless I'm missing something.)

On the other hand, inviting round some bloke you met on the internet, THAT I can see a problem with. Even if I don't bring my axe with me.

19. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

2 beds, 1 sofa -> 1 mum, 1 brother, 1 Paul and 1 Johnno. You could kip in the bath I suppose. :)

20. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I didn't know about the brother. I'm not sure I want to adopt two of you. Mitch's mankini offer is starting to look like a better bet.