MAP Maintenance

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Mitch, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Hi folks, you may notice some odd things about MAP for the next 48 hours as we try to sort out some issues around ads and formatting. If you see anything please feel free to mention it here, and hopefully things will settle down after a few days.

axelb and Simon like this.
  2. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Not sure if it's part of the plan, but ads are appearing halfway down the pages?

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Plan!

What makes you think we have a plan?

axelb and Mitch like this.
  4. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Of course. I've been a fool!

5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Not long term, so forgive us if the ads are a bit intrusive for a while, we're just figuring some stuff out.

6. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

You had part of a plan... Right?

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

There may be some serious advert weirdness going on at the moment. Basically it's changed loads since I did it last, so the only way I can get to see what's any good or not is by putting it live and seeing how it looks.

I've removed the advert from under the stickies now but added one to the top of the forum. Expect a lot of that over the next few days.

Any feedback on these adverts is appreciated, especially around the size and location. We want to strike the right balance and not have them be too intrusive. Keep in mind though that ads are a necessary evil for websites to run, so while doing anyway with them entirely would be lovely, it isn't practical.

8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

On the pc I have an ad in a side banner and at the bottom of the screen and that looks good. if two ads is twice the revenue that all the better and it isn't intrusive.

On the phone the banner it three quarters of the way down the page. Not as clean, as it would look better at the bottom.

9. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

There should only be one at the top, bottom and side of the pages. There shouldn't be any in the middle of the pages as I don't want to put them in the way of content.

If you can still see it, send me a screenshot so I can identify the location.

10. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I have no advertisements right now.

11. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

On this thread

Attached Files:

12. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Ads are back. Maybe it had something to do with my work computer? That is where they didn't show up.

13. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I have the same advert at the same place (after the first post on this thread) as bassai.
    On every thread I took a look at so far, it is after the first post of the pages.

And a question regarding the advert at the side: Right now it is between the "user name" and the "staff online now".
    Is there a way to put it below the "forum statistics"?

14. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I'm seeing ads after the first post.