MAP goes mobile!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Saz, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Martial Arts Planet can now be used on the move using your mobile phone or internet enabled PDA.

MAP Mobile is an alternate version of Martial Arts Planet specially designed for use on mobile devices. Using MAP Mobile, you can browse MAP, create new threads, reply to exisiting ones and send/recieve private messages from anywhere.

You can access MAP Mobile by entering m.martialartsplanet.com onto your phone's web browser, or via http://m.martialartsplanet.com on your PDA/Smartphone.

2. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Cool! Hope it works.

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

My God!!! My post count with quadruple... LOL! :D

4. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I had a look, but now my usual MAP seems to be in the mobile style but without the m. subdomain in the url.

5. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Yeah I had that, if you clear your cache it'll sort it. You should probably be ale to change it back in the normal options in user cp?

Or even easier if you've selected mobile MAP using your home computer just use the drop down box at the bottom of the page to switch back to your old forum style.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  6. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I used the dropdown at the bottom of each page already, it's just a warning in case anyone else falls into the same pitfall. :)

7. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

I thought you would've (didn't mean to be condescending). Oh well if anyone else does it, then panicks like I did they know how to fix it :p

8. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

That's something you might just have to work with. When you change that box at the bottom, it saves your preference as a user setting.

9. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

if map is going mobile, who's the air conditioned gypsy?

10. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! MAP pervades ALL my life now! :p And there I was trying to deal with my addiction too!

11. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I'm going to be starting up a MAP rehab clinic soon :D

If anyone has any problems/feedback on this, post it up.

12. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

MA=Mappers Anonymoose :p

13. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

This is pretty cool, because I'm thinking about switching to wireless internet. And phone internet would be in the package.

14. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Looks canny. Only problem I found was with PM receipts - clicking to say you've read it, blank screen shows and stays put. Thats on a SE k800i.

Other than that, it was easy enough to get round and post :)

15. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Hmmm my phone browser doesn't seem to like it,I load the page then go to a particular forum and by browser closes! :woo:

16. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

I have the strangest feeling that there is going to be MAP merchandise soon.

Su you're going to soon have to save your money to stockpile up on some MAP products. Like this one!!!

[​IMG]

:eek: EXCITING!!! A MAP COFFEE MUG!!! :eek: :D

17. MatsunoCj

MatsunoCj Jujitsu rookie

looks pretty good ill have to start using it but like someone else said went to it on my computer and it got stuck on the mobile version im not sure if there is a way to keep it from doing that

18. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Cool. So now we can all have Saz in our pockets :D

19. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

I have a feeling that If I used that MAP mug at work I'd get beat up in the car park on the way home. and I work with old ladies.

20. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

You won't get beaten up Listy. You will only get "mugged". :rolleyes: Bahahahaha!!! XD ;) :p :D