MAP Arcade Smack Talk

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ero-Sennin, Jan 18, 2014.

1. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

They're redundant beyond lvl 1 realistically. You don't pick them for their damage potential as even a lvl 6 splash ninja can perform almost the same level of damage (-35 damage per shot, blast radius, greater rate of fire). There is absolutely no reason to take them at their max for damage potential because of their cost, you could probably get around a lvl 4 super ninja for roughly the same cost with a superior range and damage potential.

You've also got to take into account that a lvl 6 ice ninja is gonna set you back...$5,600? They've also only got a range of about 130 compared to the bog standard lvl 1's range of 100, which is not that great. 9 ice ninjas at lvl 1 (with a small amount of change) will still cover a significantly greater area of effect and their ability is infinitely more useful compared to 1 ice ninja at lvl 6 hitting the same guy 3/4 times at a pop in a small area. As for damage potential, there is a miniscule difference between the two.

Yeah, I wasn' that fond of ice ninjas before, but I'm starting to love them. Same with ID ninjas. I do believe that the optimum distance for them is to have them with 2 squares between each one though.

I tried spamming lvl 6 splash ninjas...they're good, but very expensive for what they are. Work best in tandem with ice ninjas to clump them together, but it is a very expensive set up.

They're great. Very respectable amount of damage and the lingering poison effect of a lvl 6 ninja is nothing to be sniffed at. But.... the only reason I can see for taking them is that you can't afford the $9,600 for a lvl 6 super ninja. Also I don't think the poison effect is cumulative, so the most I can see you'd ever want would be about 2 - 3.

Yeah, once you get to waves 35 - 40, you need to seriously consider creating line of instant death ninjas. Their damage output is terrible, but with a bit of support from Ice Ninjas they'll finish off pretty much any pirate that comes their way - and if they can't then you either haven't got enough (12 at the absolute maximum), you've put them on the wrong part of the map or not enough damage is being done before the pirates get there.

2. LemonSloth

Oh lawd I hate that game...

If it's any consolation I can't hope to beat your Asteroids score... :)

3. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Dude, so this is what you felt like when you saw me at 3 mil. You felt the same way I feel when I get on and see you at 196 mil. :cry::p

4. LemonSloth

Yeah, when I had the high score previously then you came back and got 18 mil, then 31 my heart sank. I genuinely complained to my wife that you broke the scoreboard :p

Honestly though I have absolutely no idea how I got to 196 mil. I'm still in a state of shock.

5. Ero-Sennin

Seriously dude, describe your tactics.

6. LemonSloth

Luck. Seriously.

Let me see...I start the exact same way you do. On the C map too - I keep trying the other maps, but I need different tactics. In fact, I'm not exactly sure what you and I do differently? :confused:

So start with the 3 basic ninjas you soup up. Work up to getting your first lvl 6 ninja, then a second or third, normally lvl 2-3 each. I normally find that to do this I need a couple of ice ninjas spaced with 2 squares between each one to slow down the pirate advance, but that it works far cheaper than trying to rush through a third super ninja early on and I keep more blood for later.

I normally end up with about 6 - 8 ice ninjas (lvl 1) to 2 or 3 super ninjas (lvl 6) quite quickly. Obviously you put the supers on that large patch of land at the upper level so they can fire across four lanes and the ice ninjas on the thin strips above and below spaced as I mentioned. The key thing is to slow down the pirate advance to let the supers do their thing.

Once I have about 3/4 super ninjas (lvl 6) I look at creating some ID ninjas on the last thin strip of land where they can fire across both lanes. Initially for every 2 lvl 6 ID'ers I need 1 Lvl 1 Ice Ninja to help slow down the advance anymore. The ID'ers have what looks like a 10% chance per shuriken of ID on a pirate at half strength and below, but a fully souped up ID ninja throws twice as many shuriken as a super does once it starts firing.

You need a few super ninjas to fire across the last two lanes right at the bottom of the map too, just to stack more damage so the ID'ers can do their job.

I'm playing around with a couple of Lvl 6 poison ninjas on the first strip of land that allows them to fire across 2 lanes as the poison effect seems negligible and only last about 5 - 10 seconds (roughly), but those level 6 ones can still sap a good few hundred health from pirates pretty quick just from poison damage. I'm still not 100% sold on them, but when I got the high score it was with three of them spaced out 3 - 4 squares apart each.

Later on the game focuses less on spamming lvl 6'ers and just making sure you get the pirates down to half health by the time they get towards the range of the ID ninjas. When your average pirate is trolling around with 110,000 health each and take 10 - 11 blood each (yeah...), the only ones that can kill them consistently are the ID'ers, the supers can only grind them down.

So what are you doing differently?

7. Ero-Sennin

I'm not doing anything really different than you from what it sounds like, just keep placing things in the wrong area I suppose. I'm getting tired of playing it honestly. :p

8. LemonSloth

I don't blame you, I can't seem to get anywhere near the same score again myself :confused:

Time to give it a rest for now and whoop Honey-balls on a different game? :D

9. Ero-Sennin

Get on the Resident Evil :evil:

10. LemonSloth

Pffft. That's for cool kids only :p

Seriously though, I have no idea how you got such a high score on that.

11. Ero-Sennin

GB-UK is trying to get in on that RE!

It just takes time to get down the patterns and then adjust to the speed. Just play it 100 times in a row and you'll get the hang of it. :p

12. Ero-Sennin

Uh oh karate, only a few mil. off.

I have to click to another wind so the game moves faster or else there's too much going on. :p

13. LemonSloth

:happy:

Great job dude! Now I have a reason to play again :D

14. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Back on top. Or on second. I don't know, whatever, the point is I'm back.

15. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

On 777? Damn I hate those chance games....

16. philosoraptor

It's not chance, it's statistics Grasshopper.

17. philosoraptor

I'm just reposting this because I Kwai Chang Caine'd you. Super burn, super smack talk.

18. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Potaytoes - potartoes.

19. LemonSloth

Goodness grief, some of those high scores are just getting scarier and scarier - it's almost as if certain MAists on here are egged on by competitive pressure to do better :)

Also Ero, where are you dude?

20. Ero-Sennin

I'm not playing anything else until I win at the ninja game. I keep falling short. :cry: