MAP and IE7

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by TKDragon, Jan 15, 2007.

1. TKDragon

TKDragon Valued Member

Hey,

Ever since I switched to IE7 it seems that I've had nothing but problems getting onto MAP. I can't get in at work to save my life and at home it seems to be a 50-50 proposition.

Any ideas?

2. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

uninstall ie7 - it sucks anyway - use firefox.

3. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Agree. IE7 has caused a lot of problems with peoples laptops and PCs form the students in the dojo. Basically, it has been said that Firefox is the better as IE7 can slow down or stop your PC from working altogether. As firefox sets up, it allows you to bring over your bookmarked favourites from IE6, so you do not have to go relooking up saved sites.

Also from firefox, use Thunderbird from Mozilla. It is a better email than outlook. :D

4. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

hmmm, I diagree with Thunderbird. I think Outlook is grand. Ive used t daily for about 5 years now with no complaints.

5. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Horses for courses. Depends on what you want on your PC.

6. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Why does IE7 not want to display MAP but Firefox does? I'm on a network at *cough*work*cough* that supports IE7 but I have Firefox installed- couldnt display map on IE for ages but just loaded it on FF and it seems ok??? :confused:

7. AdamR

AdamR Kwan Soo

Probably a session cookie problem, I get that occasionally on all browsers (well, I have IE, FF, Flock and Opera installed for testing). Usually clearing the associated cookie clears it up, but there did seem to be a mappish problem earlier too.

8. Binary Zombie

Binary Zombie Cyberspace Zombie

Get rid of Windows all together. That's your best bet.