Manny Pacquiao vs Tim Bradley II

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Zinowor, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

The first fight was actually his ankle... and the second this time it has been officially deemed a calf strain. I don't think his game plan was to throw wide looping shots as much as trying to plant his feet more, once the calf messed up what can you do? You can't pivot, you can't move fast or well... he had to work with what was there. I personally think Tim overtrained both times... he's not the same guy who fought and shut out Lamont Peterson.

2. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

It sucks, but I guess this means Tim just doesn't have what it takes to become a great. Luck is a big part of your success as a professional athlete and when it mattered most Tim has been pretty unlucky. I'm with the Japanese on this one. Luck is a skill. :hat:

3. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

For the love of juicing Jesuits man, canna ya give a fellow some quarter?

I've become a fan of Bradley's myself and think him a top notch boxer and a refreshingly pleasant attitude and personality; however, he clearly lost the match - and I have to say that I was really thinking that Bradley, despite being the underdog, would come away the victor.

But I'm fine however it would have gone.

As far as Pac-man having lost the killer instinct?? He was much more aggressive this time around than last and that is clearly evident.

As far as Pacquiao not achieving a KO, weren't both fighters trying to achieve this? Didn't both admit that they were going for broke and neither were able to finish? Pac hasn't finished a fight since 2009 or something, I forget.

Anyroads, would it have mattered to you if Manny had?

Tell the truth, had the situation reversed, Manny had injured his leg and the decision went to Tim, would you 've had any of it?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  4. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

Yeah or not.

Carry on.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  5. belltoller

:confused:

Oh, that warn't directed at you, lol!

6. Saved_in_Blood

I don't like to see ANY fight get interrupted because of an injury. Manny had 32 stitches from the head clash in the 12th and luckily that wasn't earlier, because it was a nasty gash and could have stopped the fight easily.

7. Saved_in_Blood

That may be, but I think Bradley will still come away as a great. IMO his performance vs. Marquez shows he is an elite boxer. He went in there winging punches because he knew that he wasn't likely going to walk away with a decision because of the backlash it would have created... even if the win was legit. I think that the same Bradley that beat Marquez would have been a much better way to go about the fight, but he picked the wrong gameplan. I'm not in any way saying that Bradley should have won or that he really won the first fight, but I'm saying that to me it's not one of those times where 10 out of 10 times if they fought it would be a clear win for either guy, just like Manny and Marquez. I think Manny is a good guy honestly, but in boxing you pick with your head and not your heart.

I also have to add that even in defeat Bradley gained a lot more respect that he was looking for. I'm interested to see who he fights next because from what I've read... we're looking at Manny vs. Marquez 5 next :bang:

8. belltoller

That's because you know there be the glimmer of chance to see PacMan hammered into lean hamburger at the end, lol.

You've to let go of the hate, man. I can empathise. I know what its like to have Old Scratch holding yers in his hand and squeezing for all his might.

I know all about the hate, you just have to let go. Go have a sit-down and talk it over with someone.

You'll feel the better for it. ;)

9. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Bradley sucks. I really hate his face too. Just look at that head, and why is he eating his lower lip?

:running:

Attached Files:

10. belltoller

Much agreement on this. He is an elite fighter ( though I don't think he quite realises it yet ) and he did deviate from the usual manner in which he fights - which was not a help to him here

11. belltoller

Twerp lol!

[​IMG]

12. Saved_in_Blood

I don't hate Manny, I don't like roach and I don't like arum... which makes it harder to like Manny. Mainly I just don't like his fighting style, he's got amazing speed and such, but he lacks a lot of basics in a boxer that wow me such as any sort of good defense and just those little things you like to see. I see much more of that in Bradley.

Manny has made a good turnaround from a cheating, gambling, and drunk into a better family man and Father. I do like to see that, but if he was still the above that would be ok, but the problem was it was just hidden. Floyd was the jailbird who supposedly beat up his ex and was this and that... Manny portrayed to be the nice, good guy... that made me not like him, but I would have had more respect for him had he not tried so hard to play into the nice guy role for such a long time before he changed himself.

13. Saved_in_Blood

He's very much elite. He's beaten a lot of good fighters, perhaps not a lot of great fighters save for Marquez, but beating Marquez is enough that makes him elite to outbox the boxer. I still stand by my statement that Bradley's unpredictable style/s and ability to adjust in the ring makes him Floyd's hardest fight.

14. belltoller

Oh, they're gonna dust off that old chestnut again? lol

I suppose it's like Nanny's teat...a known producer, familiar, well-worn, gives them a feeling of security and fills their little tummies.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  15. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

I wanted to make a joke, but my humor and MAP are still working at their relationship. :eek:

16. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

Well, for what it's worth; I actually feel it's an interesting fight.

Obviously I'd rather see Mayweather vs Pacquiao, so that Mayweather can solidify his status as GOAT. But I don't think Floyd wants Arum to make any money off of him, so I'll settle for Marquez. He did knock Pacquiao completely unconscious the last time they fought, so it would be interesting to see how Pacquiao would approach this fight. I bet his wife don't like this though... :argue:

17. belltoller

Not to mention his mum...

[​IMG]

18. belltoller

Looks like grounds for a divorce :p

19. Saved_in_Blood

I actually felt quite bad for Manny. TBH I wondered for a minute if he was going to get up at all. That shot would have knocked out a horse and the way that they both were going back and forth and Marquez allowing himself to get rocked in the 5th you knew he was standing by his word that he would get the KO or be KO'd. He was tired of all the close decisions.

20. Saved_in_Blood

I'm a huge fan of Floyd's abilities, but to leave no question about being the absolute GOAT he would have to beat Manny and someone else elite... or if he beat Martinez or Golovkin at 160 it would be a feat that dare I say no resume would ever compete with for as long as boxing exists. It would set the bar so much higher.