Man Vs Bear find out the result!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Jamesy, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

While I was surfing ebay I came across this DVD.

Seemed harmless until I read this
    Didn't think Ali fought Karate experts either.

2. Emil

Emil Valued Member

I once saw footage of Stu Hart wrestling a lion........ and winning!

3. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

It's probably talking about Ali's fight with Antonio Inoki (not a "karate expert" but whatever). This consisted of Inoki lying on his back and kicking Ali's legs repeatedly.

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I believe they do wrestle bears some place. Of course the bear has a muzzle and has its claws shaved down, but I do believe they do it : P. As for Ali and a karate person, naaah.

5. koto_ryu

koto_ryu Common sense is uncommon

Willie Williams of Kyokushin Karate once "fought" a bear but it was most likely staged. It could be the same thing they're talking about. I remember pictures of Gene LeBell supposedly wrestling a bear cub, but I'm not sure if that one was staged either.

6. heim

heim Valued Member

how much did willie bribe the bear for?

7. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

hmmm... not sure if you've ever seen the entire footage of this event... but I have and as much as I like Ali... Inoki would have tied him into a pretzel in no time. Ali knew this and is why he failed to really engage Inoki at any point during the bout. He landed only 6 punches during the bout and none were KO's... additionally Ali's camp would not let the bout contain any wrestling moves... so much for confidence in Ali's skills eh?

http://noholdsbarred.tv/mmaclips.html

Though... come to think of it... it was only an exhibition bout... one that the Japanese generally lowered their opinion of after watching Ali. Inoki is basically a God in Japan... he can still be seen showing up at many of the MMA fights. Despite the bout I think that Inoki had and has great respect for Ali.

He is one of the fathers of shoot wrestling and has spent time training under Karl Gotch. So really - how much of a chance would have Ali had?
    Inoki really was one of the forefathers of MMA. Take a look at his record and it will give you better insigth into the man.

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~YF7M-ON/ematch3.html

8. slipthejab

Sparkle time to expand your knowledge of MA history bro. ;)

9. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

I have seen it. And yeah, I agree that Inoki would have taken him out quickly had the fight not had the ridiculous rules. I didn't mean to imply that it was Inoki's fault that the fight never really went anywhere.

10. realworld

realworld New Member

Fighting

Yes it was indeed a smaller bear. I have seen it not sure if it was a cub but defenately not a giant bear. We may not forget that it was a trained bear which is not really aggressive and actually don´t want to fight.
    Thats no comparison if it would be a huge wild bear.
    Although I have the highest respect of Gene Lebell as I like all kind of fighting sport.
    For Stue Hart it was a tiger not a lion and he actually lost - he quiet they all stated this time even Stue Hart accepted a less.

I have seen many videos now of human wrestling bears even amateurs. Again that is all show and are show bears which are trained and not really professional ones. It was to realize that they played with the wrestler,... and if playing they sometimes pressed them to ground.
    All wrestler,boxer,martial art fighter,.... get respect of mine but if you see a man wrestling an animal like a bear you may not take this to serious and count this to real serious encounters that somebody could bear such huge animals. With a real huge bear which attacks you there is no chance that you will win and come to to bring down the bear with kicks. If such an animal attacks you aren´t able more like at films or these shows to show a kick. It would be done in seconds. Although this guys are very impressive don´t get anything wrong. Its to realize that these fights are not so serious and the bears play or are unleashed or something else. Sure its true you can subdue it with such things if you have defend yourselve and its proofen that it works but thats not really defeat it as subdue is not submit.
    I talked to a lot of martial arts fighter and they all say possible in a not serious fight with a trained animal like a bear which is not as that big but no chance in mere of human strength against a totally out of rage 1000 pound animal.

11. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

^
    ||

Absolutely, I doubt most people on the thread think a man really wrested a live, wild grizzly bear, but I think it should definitely be said that no man has a chance against a wild, angry bear (well maybe there is an exception or 2).

12. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

my grandfathers brother wrestled a bear.

the story is obviously second had...told by my grandfather ...my grandfathers brother was 20 or so years older than he and dead before i was born.

but here goes ........he was down in texas...sationed there ether returning or going to ww1...i think.

well anyways here is the part of the story i remeber fully.

they were at a show at a bar ...and as part of the show you could pay to wrestle the a bear.....but the rules were you could not punch the bear.

so my granddads brother ..ever the hard guy...ponies up the dough.
    he starts to wrestle around with the bear and the bear is basically pinning him left and right...but my great uncle is holding his own....in my granddas eyes ...its close.

but they my uncle get fustrated and decides that the reason that you cant punch the bear is cause the bear cant take a punch. so he punches the bear.

the bear pulls back and cowers at the pain....but only for a second....he then lets out a roar and swats my uncle out the ring and out cold.....so its obvios the bear is just playing......like my doberman does with me....only much larger discepancy.

and this was only a black bear.

13. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

i once had a job for the summer of relocating dangerous bears from a national park...well really i was just the assistant...so if anyone is intersted in bear stuff. just ask

14. realworld

realworld New Member

You will believe it or not there are people existing believing a chance of a martial art fighter against wild bears and similiar sized animals in a serious fight. There is a chatforum I visited and write comments where I met these people.

15. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

there is an acount of a man of 60 killing a bear with a 4 inch pocket knife.

it attacked him and he thought "well im dead anyways" so he swung his knife and hit it in the neck...it stumbled off and died.

this was a "only" a black bear....but still.

mainly he just got lucky.

funny thing about preditory animals.....alot of times you can fight them off....

1.why they are not looking for a fight...they are looking for an easy meal...thats why most montain lion attacks are on women and children.

sure a mountian lion can waste a grown man...but shes looking to expand as less energy as possible and not risk injury. an injury to an animal is not like one to us.(a trip to the hospital and a cool story...its death)

thats why most interspecies animal fights are alot of posturing, a quick swat, and back to posturing.

2. alot of top preditors are used to food running and not fighting back....so when you hit them they are like ...ouch...that was not very fun

un fortunatly bears are not like that.....the instict to press on is related to animal that fight to the death for mates.....and browns bears (grizlys and browns are the same bear....only the browns get a little bigger cause they live on the coast and have a better food source) do!

not sure about blacks

for example most animal run when they get shot. if you dont hit a bear good...he will be like. "IVE BEEN SHOT! now you done it, your dead pal"

16. shadow_ronin

shadow_ronin Banned Banned

I saw this section of the video.

The bear is muzzled and the claws are cut. Basically it's just this guy boxing the bear.

Animal cruelty if you ask me.

17. realworld

realworld New Member

Mai Tai I know that most predators are easily to fight off. I know bears like cougars look for easy meal and not to fight although they would kill you with one swap.

I believe this story and I know such things occured already. Its totally believeable for me that the man killed the bear with a four inch knife but the mentionation is at the 4 inch knife. Thats "not" such a big deal. But there are people I met at chat forums not believing be able to fight bears off or kill with knife they really believe martial artists can bring down a wild grizzly which is really in rage and hits after you with a headscissor. They believe you stand a chance in a honest combat fight when the animals would want to fight against animals like Gorillas,Bears,Lions,Tiger impress them with kicks,bring them down with headscissors, force them to quiet with it or really destroy them(breaking neck) No trained animals like they have been at all these fights no wild ones if they would really fight(would want to do) and going after them with ther crawls, force of hit and bouncing at them like lions do in seconds believing they would be able to repond to it if happens. Thats retarded.
    All this show animal fights are overrated and lead to really false impressions at some people. Just you know what I mean some people really believe.

18. realworld

realworld New Member

Which video you have seen? The Bear Fight of Gene Lebell?

19. february

february Valued Member

My God man, what kind of Internet forums do you frequent?

20. slipthejab

Do tell... I'll bring the flamethrower! :D