Man muscles on a woman?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Kris x, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

I can't concieve of a way to do pushup that would give you bulging biceps in the first place.

PL

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

EASY! You just do a set of chins before & after the pushups :Angel:

3. Kris x

Kris x :-p

Chins? is that they things you do while swinging from a bar?

4. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

Wow a fellow Evanescence fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *hugs Xue Fang*

5. Maverick

Maverick New Member

That woman's got better bicep insertion points than me. :cry:

6. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

oh my... I hav big biceps but still she got better cuts :eek:
    -TKdWarrior-

7. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

How old are you Kristy?

It might be something hormonal.

8. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

You just gave me an idea. I'll try them while swinging next time!

PL

9. Kris x

I'll be 18 in april..:D

10. NaughtyKnight

Hmm.

Measure the length around your biceps for us, that will help us know if you are really developing huge muscles or are just over reacting.

11. seikido

seikido New Member

Kristy, I've been using heavy weights for the last six months, at least twice a week, and i can confirm, it's very, very difficult for a woman to get big. I've only just noticed the slightest change in my arms/shoulders. Remember most female fitness models a) starve themselves for a week or so before a shoot in order to look so "cut", and b) their muscles are "pumped up" before a shoot, c) use or have used steroids, or d) have a naturally very high level of testosterone. Doing a few pushups, as the others have said, is not going to make you big. Doing a lot of pushups is not going to make you big. Doing a lot of weight lifting is probably not going to make you big. It's not in our make-up.

12. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Another thing, I know this is a bit personal so you have no pressure to answer if it is to intrusive, do you have acne trouble especially chin area, this can be a marker for tesosterone over production especialy in women?

13. Simplicity

Simplicity Valued Member

I have a few female student that worry about the same thing. It depends how you train. It is very hard for a female to get big in their upper body. It is easy for them to get bigger in the lower body area. The arm area doesn't get bigger in the bicep first, it gets bigger in the tricep area first. Which give the person the look of bigger arms. Jogging or running is a great way to stay in shape and it also will reduce size in a person body (fat first and then muscle). This is why all of long-distance runners are very thin. I hope this helps you.

14. Kris x

Yeah, :eek: :eek:
    but I got antibiotics and this mad smelly stuff to take it away.

15. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

So you maybe have a little more tesosterone than the average woman but less than a man. When I was a teen I was covered from waist to scalp front and back, unless you have a genetic condition you will soon be past having acne. You still will not get man muscles.

16. NaughtyKnight

Have you been checking your muscles directly after you have done alot of puchups?

If this is the case then dont worry, its just your muscles swelling from increased blood volume.

I do 100 half pushups to get my muscles looking bigger before I go out on dates, works really well. :D

17. Kris x

They seem to have shrunk.:D

*sigh of relief*:)

Thanks for your help guys:love: .
    Hopefully this thread wasn't a complete waste of time,
    and saves some other paranoid freak like myself making another one.:rolleyes: :p