Man lol, those guys at bullshido are relentless haha

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by GoldShifter, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jnp

jnp Valued Member

You're right. What you said is that "I kind of wish he would ban you".

However, I don't think it's unreasonable for me to infer from your statement that you thought that his statement was ban worthy.

Based on your entirely reasonable posts on BS, I found it somewhat out of character for you. Then again, I don't really know you that well.

Edit: that last sentence sounds a little passive-aggressive. That was not my intention.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  2. OwlMAtt

OwlMAtt Armed and Scrupulous

I like to think that it was pretty out of character for me. I generally try to avoid that kind of comment. Cheap shots like that really irk me, though.

3. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

I like the way this thread shows how argumentative people are offended by people agreeing with them :)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  4. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

From personal experience, I have to say that the mod team is very fair here.

If it were down to personal opinion, I'm sure I would have been banned after my second post. If not before ;)

5. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I hate threads like this. It's like I'm overhearing an argument my parents are having :(

6. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

I agree, especially since the end of the argument would end up with me being smacked for some reason or another. :mad:

7. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Don't worry Moi. You're still our special little boy no matter how much we argue with each other.

8. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

He will always be a special little son. we love moi. :)

9. Creon

Creon New Member

Bullshido is a good example of the right argument being put forward by the wrong people.

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Not been paying attention have you?

11. Da Lurker

Da Lurker Valued Member

so you're saying to your students that TKD sparring is playing tag using feet?

where does TKD as a MARTIAL ART/FIGHTING METHOD being taught?

can that be sparred/ tested alive? where and when?

12. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Hands and feet, we're ITF style not WTF :D

A discussion for a different thread methinks, but if you read my views on specific self defence training and look at JWT's sim day threads you'll see what I like to do for SD training, and we also do knockdown type sparring for those who are interested.

I just refuse to categorise most sparring as self defence training because I don't believe it is, and I don't want my students under any illusions. Semi contact sparring is fun, athletic, challenging, requires great fitness, flexibility and stamina. But it's nothing to do with fighting.

Mitch

13. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I think as we've drifted wildly off topic and have probably answered all the necessary questions regarding the opening post, maybe it's time to put this thread to bed.

As usual if anyone feels they have anything to add they should contact a MOD by PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.