Making my Muay Thai debut!

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Unreal Combat, May 21, 2014.

1. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

We fight under UKMF. Had to take my UKMF license with me or I couldn't fight. In general that's an issue with Kickboxing, K1 rules, and Muay Thai in the UK. Too many organisations want their own piece of the pie. I think previously the club fought under ISKA.

For information about UKMF rules and regulations etc you can find them on their website.

www.ukmtf.com

Hehe, my coach told me to show off a bit and enjoy the last round, but I was too drained from the whole experience to throw normal kicks never mind spinning kicks, lol.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Well, at the very least we're expect, nay, DEMAND a superman elbow KO next time.

3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Can I request a Saenchai style cartwheel kick KO?
    Seeing as we're throwing in suggestions. :)

4. Unreal Combat

And end up nearly getting disqualified, again... :D

Haha, that would be pretty epic, lol.

5. Unreal Combat

Received the photos of the fight from the photographer this morning. Enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Do you stay on the training regime year-round at this point? You have so little turn-around time between fights now, doesn't seem you've time for the normal de-escalation process.

I can see where in the beginning, you don't have to deal with a lot of fatigue and injury issue relative to what you meight be coming up against in the 'B' and 'A' class fights, but the training itself takes a heavy toll.

7. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

That's terrifying. You scary homie.

8. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

LOL, every frame, except for intro and the ending poses, has UC's opponent with his eyes closed in pain!

9. Unreal Combat

I am currently on a minor rest period, but I will be resuming my training again within a week or so as I will be looking to take another fight fairly soon, quite possibly on the same show again as it seems that they are gearing up to hold another event. With them being local and a club we're friendly with it makes sense to make them our home show so to speak. Would be pretty awesome if they became big knowing that I was a fighter on their very first show.

Lol, I'm not that scary. :)

Yeah, I decided to skip showing the photos of me blocking his punches with my head. :D

To be honest he didn't really land anything really significant on me during the fight, so there isn't a great deal in return to show. The full album is on my Facebook page however.

10. Teflon

Teflon Valued Member

I have no idea for Scotland, in England the following tends to be standard I believe:

N Class - 12 oz gloves, shinpads, no knees/elbows to head - 5x 1.5mins
    C Class - 10/8oz gloves (depending on weight), no knees/elbows to head - 5 x 1.5mins
    B Class - No elbows to the head, 5 x 2mins
    A Class - FTR, 5 x 3mins

There's an amateur FTR as well, fully padded, think the UKMF runs it, and N Class type fights with 16's or 10's too. Amateur and Pro-Am refers to K-1 style rules as far as I know.

Well done on the fight UC, you're progressing fast!

11. Unreal Combat

Thank you.

For the record, this fight was N-Class under UKMF, 10oz gloves, shinguards, no knees or elbows to head. 5 x 1.30 minutes.

And yes, the UKMF do run padded FTR as well. They did team GB bids under that rule set a while back if I recall correctly. They had one of those fights down at the Cambridge Interclub I went to a while back I think.

K1 rules are different to Muay Thai, they have limited clinch.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014