Major changes around the corner for the IFL....

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Davey Bones, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

http://www.ifl.tv/Roadmap08.html

I'm not sure what I think at this point. Awful extreme, and I can't believe some of the coaches who have been released (Maurice Smith, Carlos Newton, Don Frye and Frank Shamrock!!!!). I'm also ****ed that the contract with MyTV may not be renewed. I'll be serioously annoyed if I actually have to resubscribe to Spike and FOX Sports, or worse, get HDTV :blech:

2. sliver

sliver Work In Progress

Intersting. I suspect IFL didn't have the money to keep all the coaches on the payroll. You don't go and completely restructure your system if things are working well and making money. It sounds to me like they're opening up the system to get any and every headline maker they can to come and compete under their umbrella. It might work, or it might be a desperation move. It's hard to tell as their financials aren't a matter of public record. We'll just have to wait and see.

3. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

I know they just lost a few key fighters (their most popular heavyweight, Ben Rothwell, has declared himself a "free agent"). I also read an artcle a few months back where the owner did admit it would take a few years to get into the red with this league. So after two seasons, these are some of the decisions which have been made to do it, I guess.