Maintaining Weight in College Semesters

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by special43543, Jan 10, 2013.

1. special43543

special43543 Special Member

Hello,

I am a college student in my junior year. I struggle to maintain my weight during semesters because I'm so busy. I work full time as well as go to school full time and having time to eat and make healthy food is a struggle. Each school day I am typically on campus from 8am to 6pm. Even if I bring something to eat I'm always starving and mentally exhausted by the end of the day. Each semester I gain around 10 pounds, but during the summer and Christmas breaks I am usually able to drop the 10 pounds. Since I have started college I have gained about 30.

I do very minimal workouts during the semester simply because my body cannot sustain it. If I work out as well as work and school full time, I am simply too drained both mentally and physically to do well in school. Because of this, I have given my workouts a back seat until I graduate.

Having said that, yesterday I went in to my local GNC vendor and explained the above. Because I only have access to only fast foods on campus, he told me I should drink musletech masstech supplement/protein drinks during my school days when I would otherwise turn to fast food. He said treat it like a meal replacement and it should help me maintain my weight even though I'm not doing any workouts.

I am not sure this is sound advice which is why I am coming here. Each serving is 1,000 calories and I don't see how I can maintain my weight by using this. Also, I've always heard replacing meals with drinks is not a good idea. Perhaps it's better than fast food?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

2. liero

liero Valued Member

find the time to exercise! even 5 minutes of stretches or bodyweight stuff. your body, mind and stress levels will thank you.
    as for food, what about a program that delivers your food to you?

3. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

the more you exercise the more you'll adapt. itll suck for a couple weeks but stick it out