Magic: The Gathering

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Jesh, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

I saw the Thread Necromancer card Sever posted in another topic and I just started wondering if there are other people that play Magic: The Gathering on MAP.

If so, what colors/decktypes do you like to play with ???

2. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

my friend got me into magic a while back. i have a black and red deck, i dont really have a strategy for it, i put up my wall of junks for defense, and hope for some bloodlust and fear cards for maximum pwnage

3. Jesh

Sounds good... I've just been playing this mill deck that I've constructed from cards of the new set.

It's black & blue, and some of those cards are awesome.

4. Jesh

I've looked up some pics, and these are 2 of the cards that have a prominent role in the aforementioned deck:

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

:D

5. Jesh

I also found the full art for Circu, Dimir Lobotomist.

For the art-fans...

[​IMG]

6. WeeMonkeySparky

WeeMonkeySparky New Member

Ha Ha! Only nerds and geeks play Magic!!!

I used to play alot while in the military (almost cheaper than beer) but haven't played much for many years. I think I stopped buying booster packs right around the Arabian theme. No wait, I did pick up some of the Kamigawa stuff because it had samurai.

I used to favor weenie horde decks and enchanted creature decks, usually black or green (or both, a horrible combination at the time).

7. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

I've had to learn to play as my eldest son is into it :D
    Got the Kamigawa stuff, Ninja :D, I seem to be able to play better with Fire decks. Still don't know all the rules though.

8. Jesh

Cool, I thought that the Kamigawa block ruled because of the MA flavoured theme. But the newest set, Ravnica: City Of Guilds rocks.

I just love the multi-colored cards, the synergy between them is great.

9. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Just bought my lad one of those decks!
    I'm sticking with fire for now nice and simple :D

10. RR1

RR1 Man Who Would Be Pharoh

Used to play. but havent in almost a year now. still have my deck layin around. A Black / Green deck. Used Power deck statagy high level cards that do lots of damage simple yet effective. :D

and its not true no just nerds and geeks play...........
    well maybe im the only exception......

11. Anomandaris

Anomandaris New Member

I used to play it a little bit.

but the game really annoyed me simply because I dont have the money to just buy every card in the sets 4 times.

and if you dont have access to every card in the set severla times then you cant really build a fully competitive deck.

I'll admit that everyone hated to play against me simply because I was very boring. We used to play with mixed sets in each deck because everyone had so few cards.

I was a white survival deck, I would get out as many blockers or damage countering cards as possible and just wear the opponent down with single damage here and there.

4 master healer and 4 tormented angels formed the core of my defence.

I had 4 flying 1/5 blockers and the capability of stopping 16 damage in one turn with the healers.

games took forever with that deck so I quit that and used a white speed deck and ended up winning most games in around 10 turns because I had so many creatures so fast(the merc masques set had a great ability for white speed decks)

12. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark

13. Jesh

Indeed... especially if you put in something extra like this...

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

But it's rather slow and vulnerable against fast creature-based decks. Although I love the look on the opponents face when he has like 5 cards left in his library.

14. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

i used to have an amazing green deck. all i can say is TRAMPLE!!!! that and elephanmt grass - opponent must pay two mana for each attack unless they are playing black (in which case they cant attack at all) bwahahaha :D

15. Jesh

Trample pwns. Like the card "Overrun", all creatures get +3/+3 and trample.

16. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

yeah that it does. i havnt played for ages because the friend who i played with sold his cards. good game though, lots of fun :)

17. Jesh

Yeah, been playing it for like 3 years now and loving it. Nothing beats a good strategy game.

18. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

I grew up on risk and chess then went on to warhammer, Magic and D&D. Now the only games workshop game i play is inquisitor (and not enough because its awsome!) and the only real strategy i get is the odd computer game (currently kingdom under fire on the xbox).growing up can suck sometimes.lol.

19. Jesh

Yeah, I used to play chess a lot too. But those cards are easy to transport, and you can play almost everywhere. It's practical Magic, so to say... :D

For you green & black lovers, check this one out...

[​IMG]

:eek:

20. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

cowers in fear