Maek Chi Ki/Maek Cha Ki pressure points..

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by davefly76, Apr 27, 2006.

1. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

I was going through some stuff and i found a list of all maek chi ki and maek cha ki pressure point names, the meridians and the translations that was given to me by a former instructor to help me remember them, so i thought i'd re-type the list and post it on here for you guys to use or hand to your students if you feel the need.

hope it's of some asistance. certainly jogged my memory when i was typing them.

:)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  2. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

Thankyou Mr Fly. Thats saved me some work for the class Copy... Print :D

3. Grippereeno

Grippereeno New Member

Cheers...

Just one thing... in the maek cha gi we do eye of the knee strike as the 3rd tech in your list its down as the 2nd????

4. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

i can't verify how correct these are as i didn't research them all but maek cha ki no. 2 is a front kick to the knee. so it would make sense that the pressure point would be eye of the knee... :) :confused:

5. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

Are you sure Gripp????? best check that one matey :) Number 2 = Front kick to the patella yeah????

6. Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity New Member

Yeah I've always done #2 as a front kick to the knee!

7. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

I like to call the pressure point for MCK#2, coffee table #1. I've got a coffee table at just the right height and when I hit that sucker I can barely walk.

8. Grippereeno

Grippereeno New Member

yeah front kick to the patella no.2 then hook kick to the back of the knee no.3...???? and i could have sworn that the 3rd one has been called eye of the knee at our place :confused:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  9. ember

ember Valued Member

It was the front of the knee that was called the eye of the knee. IIRC it also had a name referring to cow. The pressure points are to either side of the patella, if you bend the knee they look like eyes or cow-nostrils.

10. ember

ember Valued Member

So... what do they do?

11. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

I asked KJn Harmon for clarification on this, before class, he said "the strike is not ON the patella, but slightly lower"

12. beky_boo8

beky_boo8 Valued Member

i have that sheet! but its ripped so thanks

13. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

that kick is on the tendon just below the patella and is executed at an angle that is meant to cause the patella to move up in a "shear" like motion. If you remember having the doctor tap that area to cause a knee jerk reaction to check your reflexes, this strike is a more brutal version of that same type of hit. Like I said before, there is a reasonable medical implication for most "pressure point" strikes. By avoiding defining skills like that in anything other than korean names/ideas/theories, certainly adds to the "mystique", but it also keeps the english speaking practioner from fully understanding. I'm not sure that is purely coincindental.

14. SatoriTheLush

SatoriTheLush Valued Member

My instructor, KJN Alex Suh, teaches it as below the knee rather than on it.

It is very similar to a Muy Thai move, where you bring the inside of your foot up to the same position, shoving the patella forceably away from the rest of the knee. Its tendon-ripping-arific.

Thank you very much for posting this. I'm incorporating it into kuksoolwon.wikia.com