Mad martial artist: More of that publicity we all love

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by khafra, Dec 10, 2003.

1. khafra

khafra New Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/143868p-127319c.html

More on the next page--that's some pretty wild shooting, though, isn't it? I've noticed the effect myself, though, even in more realistic computer games like counterstrike, sometimes the adrenaline gets flowing and the accuracy drops.
    Maybe it's time for more of those natural shooting articles/courses.

2. Zankuro

Zankuro Valued Member

A regrettable and stupid incident, but what annoys me about it is that people judge real martial arts based on this stuff.

Publicity, indeed. :rolleyes:

3. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

This bit gets me...

He hacked his wife to death for petes sakes!! Thats a bit more than just "some emotional problems".

Notice the report didn't actually say what MA he did. For all we know, he could be a Judoka who just bought a few swords and thought he was untouchable.

4. Zankuro

Zankuro Valued Member

True enough. Meh, someone will always try to vindicate even the obviously guilty.

Plus, adding on to that, who's saying that his black belt isn't from some random McDojo? All it said was 'MA expert' and we know the hoi polloi's take on that statement. :rolleyes:

And, on a random topic, I like your avatar, Kgirl. Poptarts rule.

5. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Cheers [​IMG]

6. Ein

Ein Guest

Notice the WAS in it, yea, pretty much hes a crazy freak. I don't care how mad or ****ed off you are you don't hurt your wife, non the less kill her and he's a black belt. He should of been more disiplined and more stable then usual people.

7. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

The sword bent?

They say ceremonial. Bronx?

They weren't real blades. You can't get real blades in NY unless you do it illegally. It was a hell of a time finding a fake-o taiwan blade.

Basically he probably went to an army&navy store and bought a piece of crap and now say he is a Samurai.

WHY COULDN'T HE USE A STEAK KNIFE LIKE REAL MURDERERS!!!!!!!!!!!

8. totality

totality New Member

hmm...martial arts expert? certainly not an expert swordsman, if he couldn't even get her head off...and he was naked. ick. what a horrible article. and blackbelt in what???

9. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

God, that's awful. Man, I suppose we all have emotional problems, but that kinda puts it in perspective. What an @sshole.

10. Jointlock

Jointlock Valued Member

I want to take classes from that guy, I hope he gets aquitted

11. Terry Matthes

Terry Matthes New Member

You guys are pretty sick. Some poor lady got sliced to bits and your criticizing the martial ability of her killer. How bout we just say it was probably just bad reporting and that be the end of it.

12. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

It was an accident, the sword slipped while he was practicing....

13. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Well said Terry. nuff said

14. MuayThaiGuy

MuayThaiGuy New Member

15. Taiso

Taiso New Member

thats seriously sad that someone could do that

16. totality

totality New Member

terry...read my post again, it was just a joke, trying to lighten the mood a bit...it is very sad and unfortunate that that girl died.

17. xubis

xubis New Member

I second that