MA training suits?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Ferret, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Ferret

Ferret Valued Member

I'm looking for a light track/training suit that I can wear over my dobok before/after class, and as out club doesn't supply them I am wondering where I can get them from? Specifically Adidas.

Would a football/soccer training suit do, or are there specific MA ones available?

Many thanks all!

:)

2. liero

liero Valued Member

couldnt you just find a loose fitting one at your local sports store?

would you be wearing 2 sets of pants and tops then?

3. Ferret

Ferret Valued Member

I probably could yes, but I need it to be light and breathable... and yes, its to go over my taekwondo uniform before and after class (i hate getting back into my work clothes when I'm all sweaty and there are no showers where I train, and don't feel entirely comfortable wondering around London in a dobok!)

I've seen one or two (blitz and kwon), but I wanted Adidas because I am a brand whore and love the stripes...oooh the stripes.... er..wait....*ahem*

I figured since Adidas make a whole heap of other martial arts gear they might have a training suit out there too, I just couldn't find one specifically for MA.

4. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Personally I would go for the Kwon ones, I have three Kwon tracksuits I even wear over my Gi during training and outside of training doing other fitness work. I have bought all my Gi and training gear from them for over six years and prefer the quality to any other brand, including the main stream sports brands.

If you really want the addidas one though try checking out some of MAP's affiliate links, I'm pretty sure some of them do addidas.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/view.php?pg=affiliateworld

5. Ferret

Ferret Valued Member

Cheers Sam, I'll check them out. :)

6. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I just wear me dirty old sweats and my club sweatshirt.

7. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

...and thats why you don't got game.

:D

8. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

So it isn't sexy to show up on a date in dirty sweats, smelling like gentles?

9. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

I guess you meant genitals, and yes of course it is! Don't listen to Sam. She's confused.

10. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Ferret, are there toilets where you train? You could change into a tracksuit or whatever in the toilets after your class, rather than having to wear it over your dobok and if you take small towel (or baby wipes) you could also have a quick 'wash' before travelling home. I've done that when I've trained places with no changing rooms.

11. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

Learn parkour and just ninja your way home rockin' a dobok

12. righty

righty Valued Member

The only MA style ones I have seen were exactly the same as normal tracksuits except with different logos sewn on or printed.

If you are worried about walking around in your dobok, I would have the same worries about an MA branded tracksuit, especially if the logos are large and obvious.

13. divine spiral

divine spiral shiiiiiiiiiiiiii-zack!!