MA Belts have a use afterall!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Socrastein, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Socrastein

Socrastein The Boxing Philosopher

Just rigged up a weighted belt by using one of my old colored belts from when I was taking Kung Fu. Wrapped it around my waist twice, with the two ends then being out in front of me. Slid 35 lbs (16 kg) down the two ends, then tied a square knot with them to keep them from sliding back off!

Got 5 reps out of it before my arms went jelly. And I thought I would never find another use for those belts ever again :p

I think I'll load it up some more and find my 1RM for weighted dips.

EDIT:

Went for 60 and it wasn't too bad, so I jumped up to 70 and barely pulled it off (Literally took me a good 10-15 seconds to complete the rep).

Anyway, moral of the story is, they make good weight belts if nothing else :D

Last edited: Aug 21, 2005
  2. Crimson_Stone

Crimson_Stone Stay Puft

If you have two spare belts drape them over the pullup bar. Grab the belts and perform the pullup. Takes pullups in a little different direction.

They make great stretch aids too.

Forgot your wife's anniversary? Giver her a nice colored belt, and promise to take her shopping for a matching outfit. Expensive? Yes, but better than her running you down in the family Buick.

3. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I've used mine for: hanging a hammock in my woods, tie out for the dog, holding a broken beam together temporarily, and locking a french door....

4. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

I was wondering why we had them :)

Pretty creative though Socrastein