MA are evil?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by vampyregirl, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I'd genuinely like to know your conclusion?

Mitch

2. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

The guy who told me that is an idiot as i suspected.

3. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I think the confusion comes because several traditional warrior cultures involve some from of magic or invocation. Martial culture may involve it, but martial arts don't, if that makes sense.

4. CanuckMA

CanuckMA Valued Member

I usually stick to Glenfiddich or Glenlivet. Although a nice Jameson is good once in a while. I find bourbon a bit too harsh.

5. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Some bourbons are rather harsh, but there are some really smooth ones too. Try **** Creek, you won't be disappointed.

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Good call on **** Creek!

I was introduced to Makers Mark and will rarely drink anything else bourbon wise unless it is one of the higher end ones

7. RhadeConstantin

RhadeConstantin King of Badasses

Lol @ the discussion of real spirits.

8. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

LOL @ **** Creek...use lubricant!

9. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I found Maker's Mark pretty average, to be honest. **** Creek is the best Bourbon I've had (despite the unfortunate name) followed by Jim Beam Special. Both extremely smooth. Never seen either of them on sale over here though.

10. Hannibal

Fair enough!

I used to drink JB black label, but find it quite harsh now. Suddenly I have the urge for a bottle of KC...

MM is smooth enough for me, but it is all personal taste at the end of the day.

At least no one has mentioned JD....:)

11. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

I was going to mention Jameson's....

12. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

WOO WOO ANSWER:

Yes, in all world religions spirits come and go, and use the mind as a "host medium". Some are unclean.

Now, as far as the "dark side" is concerned, as long as you aren't doing qigong in a "dark zone" you should be alright. However, because air and fire are the elemental makeup of ch'i you MUST NOT overdo it. Too much qi causes the mind to become very "hot" (quite literally, IMO) and will cause mental disturbance. It is imperative that you do not open an inner dialogue and "rake through the muck" while practicing, this encourages like energy to multiply (i.e. whatever your mind rests on colours your entire body). Therefore, be very careful.

After some time, you will see spirits and entities in the air. They move about, look like different things. This is not important. King David's army was well trained. King David was a soldier. Do not worry about MA being "evil", because it's all about what your intention is. If you train and think violently or like a braggart, this is a complete statement of your being and will multiply itself. If you think altruistically and train for emergency and for good fitness and feel light you are going the right way.

Basically, like everything else treat your art with respect and true humility (as opposed to false humility which is basically bragging anyway!) and remember, this is the REAL world. That means sometimes you focus on spirit, but most of the time just let yourself "be".

SHORT ANSWER:
    Yes, if you practice martial arts you will have a "haunted house." BOO! :yeleyes:

13. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

Mentioning no names...

14. CanuckMA

CanuckMA Valued Member

I found MM harsh, compared to Jameson's or Glenfiddich.

15. Hannibal

Bourbon and Scotch are different sensations anyway so that does not surprise me

16. Hannibal

Taking into account the conclusions reached by vamp I have reason to believe it was you who actually told her about the spirits in the first place