MA are evil?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by vampyregirl, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Humblebee

Humblebee PaciFIST's evil twin

Is there any truth to his claim, or should i write him off as an idiot?[/QUOTE]

I think you should believe him. :D

2. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

of course MA are evil!
    it's techniques to hurt another person practiced by thugs and hooligans.

Thug lyfe baby.

3. Humblebee

Humblebee PaciFIST's evil twin

:I think Wing Tsun may be evil.:D

4. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

Yes i have tried to summon the devil because all the religious nuts kept on insisting that their was one, i read all the stuff did exactly what they told me what to do and guess what, no devil.
    Except the one that lives in the Vatican.

5. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

My Master always told us if you want to get rid of a psycho you have to be a bigger psycho, he was right it never failed.

6. StevieB8363

StevieB8363 Valued Member

I've been swindled! Nearly 16 years of MA and no-one ever told me I could just summon the devil to fight for me.

I would have been better off reading Terry Pratchet. At least he gives you a ritual to summon Death. That's got to be a winner, right?

7. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

Some might. Some might be quite spiritual and ask for help - maybe like wiccans light a candle and ask for help with something. But no I dont think that means they're 'of the devil'.

8. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

I guess if anyone had seen this, they would think that martial art film makers are evil;

[​IMG]

9. WatchfulAbyss

WatchfulAbyss Active Member

Sho'nuff!

10. RhadeConstantin

RhadeConstantin King of Badasses

Ofcourse its true, just check out my level 90 Summoner if you want proof, I have like... the best spells ever. I pwn nubs all the time

Ok, lame jokes aside I'l try answering this as seriously as possible.

Certains sects of Islam have something called "Hajri" where it is believed that if an evil spirit is harassing someone, it can be forced to temporarily possess the person and be spoken to, this state is characterized by a lot of VERY strange behavior. Its typical introduced by drumming and prayer where the..er..hauntee (if thats a word?) dances themself into a trance
    http://thepossessedofmiradatar.wordpress.com/category/dargah-of-ali-mira-datar/

Virtually all shamanistic religions all over the world have some form of spirit possession, IE, where the shaman is possessed by ancestral/nature spirits
    http://shamanism.ws/possession.html

Some cultures believed that the spirits of their deceased ancestors would watch over them and help them in battle. note, now this doesn't imply actual possession. Just a ghostly tag team this also tied in with ancestor possession.

Certain tribes in west Indies have rituals in which they dance themself into a trance, rather similar to the Hajri method of exorcism that certain muslims sects endorse

so thats about all I can find with relation to the topic op mentioned, hope it helps. Maybe your friend just got muddled between a few things, though more likely than not, repeated ingestion of weed has caused brain damage.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012
  11. CanuckMA

CanuckMA Valued Member

I did summon spirits. usually after training. Partial to 12 year old Scotch.

12. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

The OP has been answered, me thinks, so, any particular brands of Scotch? I prefer beer better after training, but I'm quite partial to Glenfidditch, Glenlivet, Glen Moray, Dalwhinnie, and Bowmore.

13. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

The way chi is described in some MAs I can understand why a religous nutter might start thinking devil

14. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I should have a more impressive Scotch pedigree because my old man is a big fan, but I stick to Glennfiddich. Actually I drink bourbon a lot more than scotch, with "Makers Mark" being my preferred tipple

I also absolutely insist on drinking them both straight - mixing them seems so wrong

15. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

A tiny, tiny bit of water sometimes helps, but generally I drink them straight, too. I have a small collection of shot glasses from places that mean something to me. :D

16. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

If calling on your inner instinct is the devil during a fight

than yes i am evil

17. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

OP, I'll answer your question with a question.

Do you believe in the devil? Or that he can be summoned at will?

Before this ends up a total crapfest.

Also talisker for me, got to be a double and no ice or water.

18. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

Is demon possesion not code for mental illness in the bible stories? If so several contributors on MAP may well be 'demon possesed'...not naming any names:whistle:

19. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

Yup I do think the vampire girl got the answers she's looking for. :)

20. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

Yup you're right.