Lu He Ba Fa

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by georgestando, Jun 12, 2009.

1. georgestando

georgestando Valued Member

Does anyone have experience training in Lu He Ba Fa? I have the opportunity to train in it when I get back home and it seems an interesting internal style.

2. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

The system of Liu He Ba Fa or known as water boxing, is a very unique form.. It is a combination of the 3 main neijia arts of china and has been demonstrated by Helen Liang numerous times.. According to articles that have been published by the practitioners and mostly by Helen Liang, she used the form to self treat her self from a malady which was taking her both physically and emotionally.. Her dad is one of the major instructors of this system in North America and if it were possible, it is a system that I would most definitely be interested in learning.

3. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

There are lots of nice examples on Youtube. Elements of it are incorporated in to Yiquan, and in some branches, vice versa.

4. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

George,

Given all the interesting things you have already done, I would heartily recommend you take this opportunity. It's a pretty rare art so don't pass this up.

It will certainly be different but hopefully worthwhile.

BTW, I'm jealous.

5. georgestando

georgestando Valued Member

Hi,
    Thank you all for the help. I am definitely going to take it up. The instructor is a phenomenal teacher but I didnt know he knew internal and it blew me away, he told to extend little by little into the internal as I get older and since I compete now it will help with maintaince and healing. He said he teaches it in a way so it grafts on to the things we already know and he creates a bridge into the internal. Very cool stuff and I am looking forward to it.

6. KFSON

KFSON Valued Member

What is the difference between Lu He Ba Fa and Sun Tai Chi?

7. tonglonglengjai

tonglonglengjai Valued Member

Sometimes known as bafa....the origins are unknown but some people say that ba fa is as old as tai chi etc. Looking at it it looks like someone has merged the 3 insteral styles. There seems to be a few different styles but the version i have seem is only one long form.....

Paul
    www.moifa.co.uk

8. taijiguy

taijiguy New Member

My fomer sifu (Nathan Menaged) is one of the few who teaches this form at his school. I live *just* a bit too far for it to be practical to attend his school any more, but would love to learn this form some day. He has a demonstration video on Youtube.