Love and Sex with Robots

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Cosmo Kramer, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Valued Member

2. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

No big surprise, if people are already doing it with inflatable women, animals and bicycles then a robot that mimics a person kinda seems less perverse. Of course the moral implications are huge, where do we stand with advances in AI as we get ever closer to human intelligence and who's going to legislate over what kind of robots can be built, would children robots be illegal for example?

I've seen predictions for robot marriage being legalized by about 2050, which is around the same date given for human state AI. At the moment it seems a crazy concept, but 40 years down the line we could be looking at a very different relationship with robots.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Little Susie tosses a clock out the window. A robot inquires, "Why did you do that?" She replies, "I wanted to see time fly!" The robot says, "Ah ... A perfect subject for elimination," and shoots her with a laser beam through the face.

Attached Files:

4. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Not really surprised by this.

I would have been, but i watched a documentary not so long ago called "guys & dolls".

Anyone else see it? was about guys who were social rejects, they found it hard to feel apart of society so they had these life dolls as sexual partners.

Was a little sad, felt sorry for these guys but i guess most of them said they would rather have a doll than nothing at all. Some of them claimed they were in love with them, and it did seem that way. One guy had to send his doll away for repairs and he was heartbroken.

5. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I caught the tail end of that show and I was a bit disturbed by those doll things, they looks so real yet still maintained a fakeness about it if you know what I mean? A bit like the dinosaurs in "Jurassic Park"... No? Okay, I'll get me coat... :Alien:

6. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

lol! bicycles... I was hoping for you to say cars.

I wonder she would make any baby Porsche's :confused:
    [​IMG]

Run me over baby! ;)

7. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

I'm such a geek, all I could think about when I saw this thread was android 18 and krillen from dragon ball z :D

Long before it happens in real life, it will happen in anime!

Attached Files:

8. Terao

Terao Valued Member

ah but she was turned into a human by the dragon balls and is technically not an android when kirllin marries her and does the buisness :D

9. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

10. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

11. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

A "documentary" eh! ;)

That's what the young folks are calling them these days, is it? :D

12. inokichi

inokichi Murse

You remind me of a sketch from Saturday Night Live...

13. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YAnyYTjjhJ0[/ame]

I don't know it would not be a relationship. I need the female version wonder if they will ever do that.

14. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

Android 18 is smoking plastic hot. She would be the real kickass Barbie on my shopping list. :D

Ho. Ho. Ho. ;)

I'm gonna have to do some photo manipulations. :yeleyes:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  15. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

16. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

I’m quote worried I know this but Krillen tried to wish android 18 human but the dragon said it was beyond his power. But it the turned out 18 was a cyborg anyway.

I want one, but then again I need all my coins for laundry :(

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  17. Tartovski

Tartovski Valued Member

Isn't human state AI, and robots like humans one of those bits of futurology that is ALWAYS 40years away? Tomorrows World was constantly banging on about how soon robots will be doing all our work for us, and yet what do we have now? Robot Vacuum cleaners... great. :/