Looking to start Muay Thai, cant find club!!!

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Jonny Chee, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Jonny Chee

Jonny Chee Valued Member

Looking to start Muay Thai (from Nuneaton), cant find club!!!

Hi all,

I am looking to start Muay Thai but cannot find a school local to me. :cry:

I am from Nuneaton which is 8 miles from Coventry (Midlands, UK). Ideally I would like to train predominantly on a weekend day as I work alternate shifts.

Can anybody help me find a club?

Many thanks.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

K-star have a gym in Nuneaton. Many a good fighter has come from K-star.

3. Jonny Chee

Jonny Chee Valued Member

In Nuneaton?! Really?! Been looking online for somewhere local recently. Don't suppose you have a link/contact number?

Cheers! :)

4. Moi

Sorry mate, followed the link further and think I was mistaken (google does tht sometimes) Got another one for you, but the link don't work. Maybe you could visit and see

http://www.crackedfinger.com/dumpers/8part1part2.shtml

There's a guy fight's out of Coventry, sure he's been British Champ (at least) forget his name now, will post tomorrow with his gym. Always fights in England Flag shorts...................anyone?

5. Moi

Mark Beale is the guys name, can't seem to find his club. Always listed as Coventry. It's a start for you though. If you can find out where he trains.

6. Moi

7. Moi

Try finding a gym called Zen Kutsu, can't find anything for it on the net

8. kickboxingidiot

kickboxingidiot Valued Member

He trains at zenkutsu ryu with Neil Aukwit

9. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Net isnt always the best way to find a gym. Try the yellow pages.

10. spirez

spirez Valued Member

This is where i train, great bunch of people here.

The only problem is all our Muay Thai training is in the week. If you can make it down though, you get a week's free training to see if you like it.

We are part of the Phraya Pichai camp and there are quite a few other gyms in the West Midlands. The clubs are now holding regular interclub events every other month too so it's a good way to build up some experience before going amateur/pro etc.

We're on Lockhurst Lane, just off the Foleshill Road. It's really close to the A444 so easy to find if you're coming from Nuneaton.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  11. gaijinu

gaijinu New Member

Try here, there are a bunch of gyms listed http://muaythaibot.com/muay_thai_schools

12. Rafchai

Rafchai New Member

13. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

No offence Spirez but I wouldn't recommend anyone has ANYTHING to do with Bob Spour. The man's a fraud.

Mark Beale fought a guy from my gym called Paul Grant. Was an OK fighter, heavily boxing orientated though, not a very nice style.