Looking for Robert Cato

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by juramentado, Aug 21, 2003.

1. juramentado

juramentado lean, mean eating machine

A few years ago, Robert Cato wrote a book on Moro swords. I'm trying to contact him to ask some questions regarding these weapons. Does anyone know how I can contact him?

2. RbtCto

RbtCto New Member

I was told that someone wanted to reach me. My e-mail is babybluepup@earthlink.net (I have daughters, thus the address).

3. juramentado

Hi Mr. Cato :D

I have a copy of your book on Moro swords. Tit's a great reference on these weapons; I have yet to find another book that discusses them in such detail. Two thumbs up!!

I'll be emailing you about some weapons in my collection which I'm trying to authenticate.

:)

4. RbtCto

RbtCto New Member

Hi-
    It's been awhile, but I'll try to do what I can...

5. shootodog

shootodog restless native

have been dying to get that book! cannot find it here!

6. RbtCto

RbtCto New Member

Moro Swords

Hello,
    I am not on good terms with the publisher. They used to have the book on their web site, but when I found out that they were still selling it and not paying me any royalties, they took it off. You might try contacting them. They might secretly have copies.
    I only have one personal copy that I wouldn't want to let go.
    I've been told that copies are available from time to time on Amazon, and EBay. But, I heard that they go for fairly steep prices. Thanks for the interest. I appreciate it !
    Robert Cato

7. RbtCto

RbtCto New Member

Another thought- there is a pirated edition (apparently-'have seen a copy) that is being sold in the Philippines. 'Another nice thing from my publisher... Anyway- it does not have the color pictures. It is merely a Xeroxed copy of my book with a hard cover in red. The publisher's imprint is on the cover. You can draw your own conclusions....

8. juramentado

the copy I got is the real deal: dust jacket, colored pics and all. It was on sale at a local bookstore and there where only a few copies left. I bought my copy on the spot; doesn;t take a genius to know the good stuff :)

RbtCto: I'm trying to get my camera to work so I can take pics to send to your for evaluation of some weapons.

Is there any way for you to get a new publisher?