Looking for japanese jujutsu dojo in toronto

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by Maverick82, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Maverick82

Maverick82 New Member

I've been doing a lot of research on this site and on google, and I've had a tough time finding a dojo on the traditional JJJ. I've found one site http://www.cmac1.com/beaches/ which looks promising, but I'm pretty sure there are many more dojos in Toronto which teach this. Perhaps someone from Toronto is on this forum and can direct me to a place I can call home for many years.

All replies and private messages will be very appreciated! Thank you

-Mike

2. Maverick82

Maverick82 New Member

I guess nobody is from Toronto here :~(

3. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

I know of a good school in Vancouver BC, but I'm afraid I am not familar with the travel distances involved.

My apologies if the information is useless to you.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  4. nickh

nickh Valued Member

It doesn't look like Japanese jujutsu to me. For one thing, they don't give any ryu name for the "jiu jitsu."

I also notice they claim to teach Niten Ichi-ryu kenjutsu.
    Anyone know if this is legit? Scott?

5. Maverick82

Maverick82 New Member

thank you for replying nickh, i've found another sensei who teaches jujitsu once a week, http://www.budolife.com. It is Shihan Smith, he looks to be very credible, I'm just sad because I found out he only teaches on monday nights once a week :(... Don't know how much I could learn attending classes once a week... Or am I ignorant and its possible ???

6. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

From what I can see from the website, I am not entirely overwhelmed. Try and search for more schools, see what is out there, attend a couple of classes, sit on the side and observe training and make up your own mind on what suits your character.

7. drummerboy

drummerboy New Member

8. nickh

nickh Valued Member

erm, no.

9. Maverick82

Maverick82 New Member

I might have broken some TJJ hearts, but I've decided to go see Greg Tremblay's ninjutsu class http://www.kageyamadojo.com. Responded to my email quickly which I liked also! Next week I'll be looking in on a class and possibly joining!

I did my research and found ninjutsu has similiaries to jujitsu so I guess I'm going to be a ninja (kidding about the ninja thing!).

Thanks to everyone who contributed to my boring thread!

10. Haduken

Haduken Valued Member

Kogusoka: can you let me know the info you have in the school yu mentioned in vancouver?

11. dags

dags New Member

japanese jujitsu

Hi all theres a dojo in ajax that teaches jjj its called red dragon website is reddragonajax.com

12. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

You performed necromancy on a 5 year old thread for THAT?

I hope you are the first in line when the zombies invade this year for such asshattery

13. dags

dags New Member

really

well you read it personal attack removed come by the dojo so i can put you in a choke and make your face turn blue!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2012
  14. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Aww bless him.

Look he's gone all hardman on the Internet.

:rolleyes:

Pull your neck in and grow up.

Hannibal made a valid point the thread is years old.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2012
  15. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Dags,

You are a member of th Red Dragon Academy yes?

If so have you thought how your behaviour might reflect on them?

It's these guys?

http://www.reddragonajax.com

I notice your screen name is similar to one of the teachers there.

http://www.reddragonajax.com/about-us.html

I have to say your attitude doesn't fit with some of the traits listed on that site.

Courtesy, Respect, Honour etc.

16. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Dags, I suggest you read the ToS you agreed to when you signed up to MAP. Personal attacks and internet challenges are against the ToS and can result in a ban. Don't do it again.

17. Hannibal

Awww bless! Little boy got all upset....

I am not difficult to find son if you are ever over in Calgary feel free to pop in

18. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

This ^ is not a million miles away from this:

Back on topic please.

19. Hannibal

Fair enough and point taken....but considering the topic is 5 years old it probably won't have much mileage left

20. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

It is difficult knowing where the fine line is in regard to necromancy. We encourage posters to use the search function, then jump on them when they open an old thread.

I agree that might be different in this case, but overall I think we should be a little slower to call someone out.