Looking for good new workout routine...45 mins.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by CMAboy, Jul 20, 2007.

1. CMAboy

CMAboy New Member

Hey, i was just looking for good exercise routines to do, so if anyone has any good suggestions it woudl be helpful

Thanks

2. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

Wrong forum.

How many days a week can you train?

Do you have access to weights?

Do you have a place to run thats close by?

What have you been doing sofar? (MA, lifting, running, etc.)

What are your goals?

3. CMAboy

CMAboy New Member

i have access to all that, i just came back from being sick for a month so im working my way back up, so far i have trained in tae kwon do for 3 years and usually run 3 miles every other day, i guess im looking for more diverse exercises.

4. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

THIS would be the forum to ask fitness questions in, it being the Health and Fitness forum and all...

5. Fenrir

Fenrir New Member

You could just try doing crossfit? www.crossfit.com

Other then that, without more info I dont know what else to say haha.

If you want to put on size and strength and you are a newbie maybe try a 5x5 lifting program? Bill Starr 5x5 for example.

6. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

You could allways set yourself up with a simple 3 day a week, 45 minute long weight training regime. Many benifits.

7. spirez

spirez Valued Member

Look into Peripheral Heart Action:

http://www.realbuzz.com/en-gb/What_is_PHA_training?/index?pageID=128

This stuff is great and a real killer on the cardio. Works on the principle of doing an upperbody exercise, immediately followed by a lower body exercise, then upper, then lower, then finish with intense cardio. Repeat that x 3. The heart has to work overtime to pump blood from lower to upper body (vascular shunt) and a great workout can be achieved in minimal time.

An example routine would be:

Bench press
    Squats
    Pull-ups
    Deadlifts
    3-5 minutes on rower or treadmill as intense as you can make it. Skipping or running can be used if not in a gym environment.

Perform all of the weighted exercises with 12 reps at around 60-70% of your 1 rep max. There is no rest between each exercise but you can rest after the cardio component if needed.

Repeat this 2-5 times depending on level of fitness and mental strength!

I'd try to do it at least twice per week, and if possible supplement with a regular lifting routine too.

Worth looking into

8. flaming

flaming Valued Member

9. CMAboy

CMAboy New Member

thanks for the help