Looking for FMA supplies.

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by SCP_Kensei, Mar 30, 2006.

1. SCP_Kensei

SCP_Kensei www.taintedlover.com

After an unfortunate misunderstanding with the company I had hoped would become my regular FMA equipment supplier I find myself needing to shop around for a supplier of decent quality sticks/armour etc... at reasonable prices.

Supplier should preferably be in the UK and accept Paypal/online credit card payment (although neither of these is essential).

A supplier with wholsale opportunities would be a bonus (as i'd like to look towards setting up a trade account to meet the demands of my clubs insatiable thirst for replacement sticks).

Any suggestions welcome.

2. oosh

oosh Valued Member

eskrimador supplies :)

3. shootodog

shootodog restless native

4. SCP_Kensei

Unfortunately it's Eskrimador Supplies i've fallen out with so I really need to find another option.

[EDIT] Please dotn ask why we fell out. Simply a misunderstanding. I now just want to find a supplier of FMA gear, I dont want to cause any problems.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2006
  5. Catman

Catman Valued Member

6. tonyr1967

tonyr1967 Valued Member

The simple truth is that Eskrimador Supplies offer the most comprehensive selection of FMA gear in the UK.
    Sticks are available from numerous internet sources (oriental-weaponry.co.uk etc), but beyond that - you'll most likely need to import.
    Ebay?

7. Mike Dunnage

Mike Dunnage Valued Member

could try jude tucker at philippine sporting supplies.

not sure of web address.

His advert is usually in martial arts illustrated.
    If you want his number PM me.
    Good stuff at good prices and he is a top bloke as well.

8. Flipper

Flipper Banned Banned

Image removed - Freeform

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2006
  9. SCP_Kensei

And your point is?

10. big_ash

big_ash New Member

11. Dave Joyce

Dave Joyce Valued Member

You could try Guro Krishna Godhania, who had a great supply of different FMA weapons, including sticks, for sale at the last Sayoc Kali seminar in Warwick. He is also the only supplier in Europe for Sayoc Kali merchandising and they have some great knive/kerambit trainers available along with other stuff.

12. SCP_Kensei

Some great options here guys, thanks a lot. Keep em coming I may want to slowly work my way through the whole list.

13. stickfan1

stickfan1 New Member

bob breen

14. ryangruhn

ryangruhn Valued Member

15. rebecca kane

rebecca kane Valued Member

Sometimes misunderstandings are worth working out for the greater good and better deals on quality goods :) Personally I have tried a lot of equiptment, Helmets gloves body armour, and for this alone the Only Armour I trust is Eskrimadorsupplies, I found i got a lot less headaches after using their helmet as it has better padding at the top,

How Can anyone resist their range of shiny :eek: shiny :eek: shiny :eek: swords and daggers that are unique to their company????? :eek:

Best regards

16. SCP_Kensei

I really wish working it out was an option but it isnt so I have to look elsewhere. I've tried gloves from other suppliers and found them to be excellent, and we train for Low armour so body protectors arent an issue.

it's mainly sticks i'm after.

17. WT_ATL

WT_ATL New Member

Like you, many of our customers are seeking ways to lesson their protective gear during sparring sessions. Many of them spar with only a pair of safety goggles, a mouth piece, and a SMAK-Stik. This increases their mobility, while still respecting the hit (ouch!). Same principle as boxing, padd the weapons (fists) and not the body. Based on feedback, it gets pretty intense.

If you're looking for someone in the UK that carries SMAK-Stiks, try Krishna Godhania, however, if you want to set up a whole sale account email us at info@smakstiks.com.

Winston

18. rebecca kane

rebecca kane Valued Member

I went through 3 smack sticks in one round of fighting, I personally would not recommend them, Sorry to the makers! I find that the best padded sticks are from Master Rodel Dagook.

best Regards

19. oosh

oosh Valued Member

I like Smak Stiks definetly get the thumbs up from me. I think during the first Bakbakan tournament to use them, only one ended up getting broken.

20. ryangruhn

ryangruhn Valued Member

Rebecca,
    Could you please inform us of how you went through three in one round? What happened? How long were the rounds? I have had two since they came out and I can't seem to break them. We spar twice a week and use them as if we were fighting in a Gathering. Are you sure you are thinking of SMAK-STIKS? I am sure the rest of us that trust SMAK-STIKS are wondering if you are telling the truth or simply bad talking the product for some outside reason. By no means do I mean this as a personal attack, please don’t take it as one, I am simply baffled. Please, enlighten us.

Gruhn