Looking for a wing chun Master

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by dannyuk, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

My website is right there in my signature- if you are too blind or lazy to click that’s not my issue

Here is an interview with me here on MAP that takes seconds to find....

Interview with Jay Cooper (Hannibal)

There are also four other interviews with me in the public domain

My Sifu in JKD is Harinder Singh Sabharwal
    My Catch Wrestling teacher is Harry Smith
    My Escrima teacher is Darren Tibon
    My Small Circle Ju Jutsu teacher is James Hundon

I also have senior rank under Paul Vunak and several other ranks and grades I can delineate instantly if asked

See? Easy eh?

Your turn....watch me not hold my breath

2. Hannibal

And the simplest method is to actually answer the questions not travel round the globe - that response alone shows fraud

querist likes this.
  3. Agreed! I have said it twice atleast i will update my page once i get ahold of my student who built the website and i have mentioned about my linages quite a few times on this forum itself but people are so busy attacking me that they forgot to check old ones. Moreover Places like China/India/Thailand has several masters who teach very few peoples and they don't even care what a website has to say about them. Its okay that people {hate me} [Choosing the word hate very carefully] because I belong to India or may be because i don't have a white skin or my english is poor or anything else. I request then to continue this as this doesn't hurt me insted i have also said to test my skills if they think i am a fraud. This may be the last reply from my end because i am actually tired. I wish luck everyone even those who hate me.

4. Hannibal

Evasions noted and entirely expected

querist likes this.
  5. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

See. As someone not needing any proof and not having any issues with you at all, I have to honestly say that this response does not reflect well. Maybe you aren't aware of how it is coming across to others? I say this to try to be helpful. On one hand you talk about countries with people who teach very few people and don't care about websites. But you aren't that person by your own statements. You have a website and say you taught- what was it? - 10,000 people? Which is quite a statement. It isn't logical to have both arguments at once. If you were a small time instructor teaching in a park, I don't think people would be questioning you the way they are. But you made some strong claims - 10,000 students and you DO have a website. These two statements, as an outsider with no bone to pick on either side, I find these two conflicting positions odd.

I saw your teacher listed as B.Roy. May I politely ask who taught him? Did I miss that being posted? If I did, I am sorry. It is sort of hard to remember every post. Can you list this lineage back to the founder Bruce Lee like I did with my lineage dating back almost 200 years? I don't ask as someone needing proof, mind you. I am not looking for an instructor. But I do have to say that any potential student has every right to ask for proof from any potential instructor. And someone proclaiming to be a teacher with THAT many students, well. If you can make that claim, surely it shouldn't be hard to list the names going back 50 years to your style's founder? Are you not proud of your lineage? Just an honest question. Not meant as an attack or request for proof.

I could ask the same thing from Hannibal, but I easily found his lineage dating back to Bruce Lee. I did not find this googling B. Roy. So, if that is due to him being a teacher from "places like...India" then will you share that?

I am glad you are taking the advice to update your web site. I think it will benefit you to do so. :)

Also, I understand why you feel picked on. As I said, I think people are being really harsh and I don't like that approach. And I say the following partly as a moderator here. However there has been NO evidence it is due to your skin color or being from India. If there was such evidence, as a moderator, I would take action. THAT sort of thing is NOT tolerated on MAP. I have seen such coming down on people happen to people of all races- including Caucasian here. We have people of all types here and all are welcome. Be very careful about accusations of racism without evidence that that is the cause. If there IS such evidence of racism being the source, and I missed it, report that post using the report function so that the mod team can will at it.

querist likes this.
  6. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

1) no you havn't.

2) When has anybody mentioned anything even like that?

Hannibal likes this.
  7. Hannibal

Especially as my Sifu is Indian!

Dead_pool likes this.
  8. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Yeah, I thought he was. Also, Mr. Vunak is caucasian, but Dan Inosanto isn't, nor (obviously) Bruce Lee. And that is your lineage if I read the Internetz correctly. :)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    Hannibal likes this.
  9. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

And as mentioned before. I'm Asian.

Dead_pool and Hannibal like this.
  10. Hannibal

It’s my main one!

I also have one back to Bruce via Richard Bustillo

Dead_pool likes this.
  11. Dylan9d

Dylan9d Valued Member

Just wondering how JKD can even be fake? It is still a personal expression right?

This is apart from the discussion at hand I think, but it just popped into my mind :)

12. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

If theres no direct training link then yea you can definetly have fake JKD, especially if there's an intent to decieve.

querist likes this.
  13. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

JKD has a base, not matter which side of the JKD fence you fall on, of what Bruce Lee taught, so there is a link (lineage if you will) to Bruce Lee, without that, it is not JKD IMO
    I have seen a couple guys claiming to teach JKD who have combined their Wing Chun (one has a lot of background the other didn't) with other arts they trained, none of which were actually JKD. This, IMO, is not JKD. It may be effective, it may look really cool, but calling it JKD at that point is disingenuous and being done simply for sales

Also it is not. IMO, simply Self Expression

self-expression - the expression of one's own personality : assertion of one's individual traits

It is what works best for you as it applies to martial arts, but you need that base of what JKD is to start from, then you can do what works best for you. If it was simply self-expression then showing up in a pair of ray bans in a yellow track suit with stripes down the side to teach could pass for JKD. IMO it needs that base of what Bruce Lee taught as JKD.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    Hannibal, querist and Dead_pool like this.
  14. Hannibal

It's a common misunderstanding about JKD that it is "whatever you want" but it isn't - there is an equally big misunderstanding that it is "What Bruce did and that alone" but it isn't

JKD is not simple, despite its claims to be a break from "the classical mess" and there are more camps, interpretations and readings of it than I care to shake a stick it. In fact it was less about style and more a "search for the common thread" between the arts, which is where the eclectic appearance of it comes from. It doesn't help that the various camps can barely look at each other half the time.

That aside the simple answer is what DP and Xue have already alluded to - no link to Bruce, it's not JKD

15. Dylan9d

Dylan9d Valued Member

16. acuzel

acuzel New Member

if u want check my youtube channel link removed.

Welcome to MAP.

I'm afraid we don't allow links back to personal channels, unless they add to the discussion.

In this instance you have just tried to promote your own site.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2019