Looking for a Welsh Wing Chun instructor that I used to train with

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by mafoota, Jun 23, 2010.

1. mafoota

mafoota Skidoosh

His name is Dave Preston (IIRC) and was based in Newport years ago. I can't find him on google and his club was always very low key.
    Any help in finding out if he still has a school would be great.

2. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

Do you remember which organisation he was with? I used to be with the Midlands Wing Chun Kuen, far as I remember they didn't have a Newport branch, but I could ask for you. Think Swansea had a Samuel Kwok group, but not sure about a Newport one.

3. mafoota

mafoota Skidoosh

I think it was 'Welsh dragon wing chun' it wasn't affiliated to any larger organisation as far I know. They had strong ties with Austin Goh I think.

4. mafoota

mafoota Skidoosh

Still looking.

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Have you tried contacting Austin Goh?

6. mafoota

mafoota Skidoosh

D'oh, why didn't I think of that :D

I'll look him up now, cheers.

7. milo milton

milo milton New Member

Hi and a Wing Chun badass replying lolzzz. You will find Dave Preston still doing Wing Chun classes at the St Joseph's Boxing Gym - 07884 463444 (in case still interested) Not sure now what days he does now so phone first. I have known Dave since we were nippers so i know
    I used to do Wing Chun for years with Dave but usually just does my stuff in my garage i converted as a gym due to work and other priorities ^^ Deffo recommend Wing Chun to anyone serious enough Good luck and stay safe all.

Sidenote - I doubt Dave will be doing anything until after the lockdown mind guys!

OOPSS Looks like i'm 10 years late (just noticed) would not have wasted my time otherwise