Looking for a new MA school

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by ai_thum, Dec 9, 2008.

1. ai_thum

ai_thum Valued Member

do you guy know a good school near Quakertown that is cheap??

2. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

3. ai_thum

ai_thum Valued Member

wow you think i did not try

4. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

So did you Google? Seriously take a tour of past threads where people have asked similar questions to yours. Some people don't Google before they ask. One guy even told me it was my job to answer his questions because I'm a topic mod.

So for my next question. Given that "cheap" is relative to your income/allowance/however you are financing training. How cheap is cheap? Are we talking a few dollars? $5, $10, $15, $20? Would that be a month? A week? A session?

To answer your original question. No I don't. I'm not from that area. Good luck with your search.

5. ai_thum

ai_thum Valued Member

nan not that cheap well if there is one but im looking for about $50 tops
    it cant be farther then 20 mins

6. PanTech

PanTech New Member

ehermmm...before you give the mod atitude. here is your answer

google.com

search martial arts in quakertown

results...

success....

$$$$

7. ai_thum

ai_thum Valued Member

wow let try reading the frist few post then saying something ,how about that HMMMMMM

dumb ass

8. PanTech

PanTech New Member

I think you did not try, on account of i googled it and received a dozen hits in quakertown. And I think you should cut down on the dumbass sarcasm towards ppl, when your asking for help.

9. ai_thum

ai_thum Valued Member

wow there a lot of school near Quakertown OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!
    tell me how many of them are less or $50 hmmmmm
    i check them all them $75 and up

you guy should read the first few post before posting something

im asking is there a school near me that is about 50 or less (maybe from people around my area would know)

10. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

What is wrong with you?! "Did you Google it?" is a perfectly valid question. In fact, it's a vital question. You just assumed it was a smart-alec response when, in fact, it's a good starting point. Because, even if people have no direct experience of schools in your area, if you provide them with links, names of schools, style names, anything beyond "here I am, so please do my research for me," they might be able to give you useful feedback.

You're so intent on assuming that everyone's trying to sass you that you're already crying "dumbass" when you should be assuming that it was a reasonable question.

If you'd just answered the question ("yes, I've Googled, but was unable to find anything within my price range"), people would have moved onto more suggestions by now.

Why I'm trying to help at this point is beyond me, but have you checked out the local recreation centers? There's apparently a YMCA in Upper Bucks. They likely offer classes. And they look like they clock in at well under $50 a month.

Stuart

11. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Yeah ... let it go folks we're past the whole obvious question bit. Lets make future posts positive suggestions. :)

12. ai_thum

ai_thum Valued Member

i dont mine if people say Google it in fact i knew that the first post was going to be ''Google it" it understandable but when the next guy come up and say googel it again it like why don't he read the first post, or few before saying something.

but thank you for they YMCA thing what dost it offer??

13. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Don't want to dishearten you or anything but I'm not sure martial arts are for you. If you cannot act on a suggestion and go find out for yourself. I doubt you'll last very long in training after the initial buzz wears off and your grinding out hour upon hour of training to get good.

If I am mistaken here are some basic ideas for finding what you want:

1. Go round local recreation centres and YMCA YOURSELF and ask if something is available.

2. If something is close but too expensive, offer to do cleaning or work to make up the balance.

3. Check out more than one class before you sign up to any contract. If they don't allow this then walk. My clubs allows between 1 and 2 months training before you have to join. In that time you just pay hall fees.

4. You don't need to like the instructor but it helps. Find someone you can learn from more than someone who wants to teach you.

The Bear.