LOOK AT ME!!! I passed the Sakki Test!

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by althaur, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I've got a Ninja Samurai Warrior Barbarian dojo, it's at least 33% better than the Ninja Samurai Warrior dojo.

2. philosoraptor

Why would you include a slow motion recap if it clearly shows the attacker responding to the defender's movement?

3. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

4. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Well he did ask the guys sitting around if they all agreed with the pass.

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Subtle I ain't!

6. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

really, at the end of the day, so? so i want to post my sakki video on the internet with graphics and a light show.

we all go to the gym for our own reasons. when i did aikido, i loved thinking i was a samurai during bokken practice. even better when i could wear a hakama!

7. philosoraptor

If they really want this test to mean anything, they should have an anonymous member from another school make the cut and then a double blind panel vote on whether the ninja passed the test or not. Otherwise it's just another circle jerk.

8. Hannibal

To be honest in an age where people post pictures of their breakfast this is nothing

I mean obviously it is widely known I consider the sakki test itself pretty much worthless, but if you consider it worthwhile then why not celebrate? I have seen far less celebrated far more

9. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Like famous people getting a sex change....

10. Hannibal

"Famous" being a pretty loose term......

11. Giovanni

to go off-topic...

i assume we're talking about caitlyn jenner. i think it's amazing. to have a minor celebrity come out like this, happen all on reality tv, show up on the cover of a magazine even. i think it's another water-shed moment for non-heterosexuals to be accepted within our society at large. an amazing moment.

12. Hannibal

I consider it a tragic testament to our obsession with "celebrity" - it is nothing new just now a Z lister has done it

Also nice how Caitlyn's entire worth is now tied in with how "beautiful" and "feminine" she looks....

13. Giovanni

i hear that hanni.

but i like the fact that she's come out in a very public way. yes, she's just a lower-rung celebrity. yes, the reailty show and all that entails is nonsense. yes, this is nothing new for you and me, but for many americans, it is very new and very real to see a known person go through this. before the kardashians, as bruce jenner, the man was very well known. hell, he was on my cereal as a kid.

14. Giovanni

i have never watched the kardashians show. until the two episodes where bruce came out. honestly, it was very real, very emotional. i thought it was one of the best things i've ever seen on tv in my life. it was so human.

15. Hannibal

I think that is part of teh larger indifference I feel....I have zero awareness of Jenner. It would be akin to Daley Thompson having a sex change....few outside of the UK (and these days few IN the UK) would know or care

16. Giovanni

lol. i had no idea until very recently he was even part of that family. i'm like bruce jenner is married to kim kardashian's mom? what the?

also, who's daley thompson?

17. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

LOOK AT ME!!! I am "announcing" a pet peeve about the "LOOK AT ME" people

LOOK AT ME!!! I am responding to your thread!

LOOK AT ME!!! I am posting on MAP!

18. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I couldn't care less. Live and let live. Am I a bad person for not caring?

19. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Not at all , you don't care about something that , ultimately , has no effect on your life , pretty normal reaction to me.

20. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Social media has changed the way people interact. People desire to share their enthusiasm, accomplishments, and experiences. I had once thought people interacting on social media (i.e. Face Book), were New Millennium or Generation___(insert any letter), who did not "have a life", or were too self-centered. I was in a mode; "Why do people post if Jay was in a relationship with Judy. Or Pete was at Cafe Count Dakula"?

After a period in time, I realized, the moment someone has a initial post, either on a blog, a forum, or a post on a social media venue (i.e. Face Book), they fall into the L.A.M. "Look At Me" category. That said, others who have a public rant or response, can fall into that category. Certain mediums available to people will have them using these to get out their opinions or share some type of imaging. Take for example; photography. Photos and movie pictures are, in a "sense", about "Look At Me". Nowadays there is a trend called "selfies". YouTube made all of this "animated".

My parents have hundreds of photos and home movie archives of myself, my siblings, or the family at various places, doing various activities, all in the order of "L.A.M." and to rekindle the past. Such preservation on these mediums, went from a individual photo or home movie to a group shot on "Look What We Did"

I realized, simply, if someone is at odds with people who enjoy sharing their enthusiasm, accomplishments, and experiences, or L.A.M. , why should I, or anyone else care? People are sharing this with others they know or who are interested, almost no different of photos and home movies of long ago.

There is a drawback when sharing this; it is a disclosure of personal information about ourselves publicly.

Ever since any great human endeavor, be it a invention, adventure, or a accomplishment, human history, itself is about L-A-M. It could be about a culture, a race, or humans a whole, "Look At Us"

http://www.digitalcultureandeducation.com/uncategorized/mallan-2009-html/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ing-vain-generation-self-obsessed-people.html

https://modernwaysofliving.wordpres...ion-how-social-media-can-erode-relationships/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barbara-greenberg/8-problems-with-teens-social-media_b_3472816.html

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/negative-effect-social-media-society-individuals-27617.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.