long time no see

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Jack, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Jack

Jack Valued Member

No idea if any of you guys remember me, but I used to be a regular here for quite a while. Just thought I'd pop on to say hello!

I've been gone a long while without any martial arts, with a kind of on-off attitude to fitness training. Pretty slack, come to think of it! I just started up Thai boxing after my first lesson last night and I REALLY enjoyed it, more than any class I've ever taken I think. So, if I'm taking an art up, I might as well get back into the internet swing of things too... and where better than map, eh? ;)

I'm really looking forward to hearing again from you guys, espesh. Deby and Dave. Hope everyone is doing well. :Angel:

Jack

ps. Those are some WEIRD new smileys you guys have installed. Can't say I don't like them. :eek:

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Welcome back to the mad MAP House. :D

3. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

JACK!!!!

I missed you so! So glad you're back! You are back right???? ;)

Glad to hear you stuck with the MA training.... last I heard you were somewhat disillusioned.

Thai boxing??? Do tell how you came about that?

Welcome back Jack ....... weird smilies eh?? You haven't see mine in a while!!

[​IMG]

.... "Deby" :)

4. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Welcome back Jack, I'm sure you'll find a lot of changes.

5. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Welcome Back!

6. Jack

Jack Valued Member

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I see a lot of old names :D

WOW... that one scared the bejesus out of me!

Missed you too... it truly is awesome to see all these old faces.

I'll try to be back as best I can, though do forgive me if I saunter to and fro. Yeah I got pretty dissilusioned a while back, but I was a different person then - I was afraid to mention my doubts about the club and style and just left without giving it a shot or at the least saying goodbye - something I still feel bad for today. My dad's anger at me dissuaded me from trying another art for a while. I've learnt a lot since that time, and have been checking out a few different classes. Thai boxing was FUN, deby! It seemed simple, challenging, enjoyable, good atmosphere, everything. Has what I want from a style and club right now. Just seemed to 'click' for me. :)

Though I guess this means another ex-TKDer has converted to the dark side.

Praying you can forgive me...;)

So how has everything been with you? If I do remember, you have a daughter my age you'd like me to meet - I hope she is getting on well with her training (and is still available) :D

And no - that wasn't my purpose for coming back here. :Angel:

Jack

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Jack's back :D

How could anyone forget :) Nice to see you, hope you stick around this time

8. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Hey Jack!

Great to see you back mate! Finally got to Thai huh? Wahoooo :D

9. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

LOL ... I'll try!

Like is Good! :D I'm happy to be here on MAP ... (still) :D

My youngest son is 10, my oldest son is now 19, my daughter is 17 and looking to go to college inext fall. She has stopped TKD training but does take my kickboxing classes. She works as a florist while attending high school. She is a beauty (pic of her at formal prom) .... and somewhat available ;)

Whatever your purpose for coming back... glad you did!

Attached Files:

10. Jack

Jack Valued Member

Deby - :eek: :love: - says more than any words can. What a beauty you've raised!

Sarah, good to see you again! I'm hoping I'll be able to hang around this time. So, are you working yet? ;)

Dave, I'm loving the Muay thai! Also found out that there is a Gracie JuJitsu class running afterwards on the same evening, with Royce Gracie coming down twice a year for gradings and teaching. Perhaps worth checking out too, if I can stand 3 hours solid training after being so out of shape. So are you leaning towards the martial arts or the hiking side of things these days? OH, and now I think of it... how was the three peaks challenge?

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. Maybe I'll start posting elsewhere on this forum now I've been let loose for the weekend.

11. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Welcome (back) to MAP. :)

12. Jack

Jack Valued Member

Thank you. :)