London Bombs

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by gedhab, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beef

beef New Member

You do if you have reason to believe he is a suicide bomber and could possibly have a detonator close to hand. If you're a suicide bomber and have just been caught and want to die for your cause are you going to turn round and say "ok fair cop, lead me away" or are you going to blow yourself up like you planned to do?

2. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

I think until more facts come out we shouldnt be debating the rights or wrongs of what happened..... just keep an open mind for all information....

3. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

I dont think you can reason on this with Christian, i think he must have a tiny brain and live in another dimension!!!:D

4. beef

beef New Member

True - he could be innocent for all we know in which case it would be tragic. In someway you hope he was a suicide bomber to justify him being shot like that.

5. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

Greg, for a topic moderator that is a weird thing....

..to come from you. Yes, even if he had a detonator in his hand its not a reason to shoot someone at point-blank range. You know what that makes the police officer ? A killer. Also, I didn't ask for compassion, I'm asking for some control of the officers in charge. How is shooting him going to help the police investigation ? And for your last sentence, I'm in London Greg, so watch what you are saying.

Christian

6. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Apparently they know he was one of yesterdays lot and were using info on him to find him,lucky they found him in time!!

7. Sgt_Major

Not a killer, a protector of the public he swore to protect. I'm sure in this day and age of human rights activists and policies regards firing a police weapon, it was a decision not come to lightly.....

8. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

And your brain must be the size of a pea then Greg

Yes, I live in the London dimension..meaning I'm directly in London. Where are you Greg ?

Christian

9. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Radok I have a sneaking suspicion that you know next to nothing about the Koran or what 'real' Muslims do or do not believe. To put it very mildly your opinion is ludicrous and if thats the kind of understanding you have you should spend some time doing a bit more research before you post again...

Incidentally the British police in these kind of high profile and public events I doubt would shoot a man if they did not already consider him to be an immediate threat to the lives of the public around him. If the man had ran up on to the tube and detonated something we would probably have people complaining now about how the police didn't act decisively enough. If your willing to blow people up then you should also be wiling to accept that the police will try and stop you.

Lastly, seeing as how alot of people seem to be equating suicide bombers solely with extremist Islam it might be worth noting that this isn't the only area from which suicide bombers have came. In the 1980's many of the suicide bombers in Lebanon were from secular Christian backgrounds, Kamikaze pilots in Japan in WWII don't exactly fit the Islamic mould and the Tamil Tigers one of the most prolific suicide bombing terrorist organisations are secular Marxist-Leninists. Fanatacism it seems does not belong exclusively to religion.

10. jimmytofu

jimmytofu A majority of one

It doesn't sound too much like police procedure to me. I suspect they were MI5 /MI6 agents.

11. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

I couldnt give a crap where you're living, i have family down there, so what? i think that officer is a guy doing his job and saving lives, if you think differently then you are as bad as the bombers, the officers were doing exactly what they should have done, nothing more, so are you saying if you had a gun in your hand and the man in front of you had a bomb and a detanator in his you would not have shot him?

12. beef

beef New Member

I understand what you're saying Christian and that if possible they should arrest him and face the justice system, as well as having a chance to question him. However, we weren't down there, in that situation so we won't really know what went on? He may have given the police reason to believe he was about to blow himself up and gave the police no option but to shoot him?

As Greg said police are on orders to shoot to kill suspected suicide bombers? The police know what they are doing so there is usually a good reason for their actions, rather than just a trigger-happy cop.

Just a point is that in the last two attacks they have had co-ordinated bombings - I wonder if there are others out there now?

Nice posts by the way CKava & Silat.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2005
  13. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Good, even better, at least we know there are people out there trying to protect us, lucky Christian does not have to protect us though, i hope he never becomes a teacher, poor students!!

14. Sgt_Major

Ok guys, your on my turf here (General Dicussion)

Lets keep this cool and stop accusations all round or the thread goes on lock down. We are all eagerly waiting more news and until then I suggest you all think carefully about what you are typing BEFORE you hit the post button!

15. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Yep your right, i am going to have to leave this one as the punisher really ****es me off and i might say something i regret to the idiot!!!

16. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Aye, he is a topic moderator. But remember: we (all of us Staff) are still humans!

17. jimmytofu

jimmytofu A majority of one

Well said CKava.
    Let's not forget the IRA and also Basque separatists.

18. Sgt_Major

the IRA dont do suicide bombs.....

19. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Heh, emotions are running high, glad to see theres a cool head Silat. As to that man being shot to death, I do not know the full story. But from what I have seen/read, suicide bombers dont need to be on their feet to detonate themselves, just pull or release a button so if it comes down to an attempted suicide bombers life or the life of the police officers and citizens on the train, the choice is obvious.

20. Shadowdh

Shadowdh Seeker of Knowledge

I agree with much of what you say in other posts but (and I havent yet seen this piece of news) if the case is a suspected terrorist/bomber was shot while being restrained then this indicates that the shift in policy is taking place... the Israellis found that there is a hefty price for being too lenient in these situations... Greg has this part right... if the suspect is a terrorist and was indeed going to blow many innocents up then why not hit the "trigger" while surrounded by police... if nothing else it will perhaps deter others from becoming police... if stopped by the police you dont resist, or sit there screaming about your rights... let them do their job and then if there is a case after discuss your rights etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.