Location, Location for FMA

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Lucy O'Malley, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Lucy O'Malley

Lucy O'Malley The Mother Art

Sorry I have abosolutely nothing to say. I just could not stand seeing this thread on 99 posts for the last few days. So now I am making it 100. Haha.

But while I am here I will say, thanks for all your replies....be it mainly about food I probably won't like. However I still cannot wait to meet you all in December, as I do like beer. Let me know if there is anything you want me to bring over on my visit. Maybe a little english chocolate or something, as I know it is well liked by many pinoys although it is the only chocolate in the world that hardly contains any cocoa and melts like mad in your heat.

You say the word and I will see what I can do.....cheese even? What do you fancy?

See.... I am not letting the food thing die on this thread.

Lots of love :love:

Lucy

2. Brunstick

Brunstick (^_^) I need a girlfriend

oooh!!! i like very stinky cheese! or some prosciutto ham? how about some pate de fois gras? hahaha! just kidding! i do like those foods though!

by the way, what's english chocolate?

-nico-

3. Gryphon Hall

Gryphon Hall Feeling Scholler

I was going to offer to come over when I saw the sisig part (yummy), but after a hundred posts, I've got a severe inferiority complex... I mean, is there room for an escrimador who doesn't drink. Or, if he drinks, drinks only those Mickey Mouse Novellino wines? :cry: OP to the max...

Oh, well... I won't be in the Philippines by December anyway... and I'm quite sure those grapes were really sour... hu-hu-hu...

Haggis sounds really tasty... sounds like bopis...
    That Black Pudding may go well with puto, just like dinuguan does...

:cry: As Pinoys say—Nakakainggit naman kayo!

4. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Valued Member

Nah... I'm sure you'll like sisig! Specially with beer... PERFECT!

Can't wait to meet you guys too.

5. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

I am sure if we giver her enough beer she will love it. Mind you I had real trouble trying to get her to try Balut (SP?), you know the half formed eggs that are supposed to make you:D , great with salt and San Mig.

This meet is sounding more and more fun by the day. I am sure I can bring some of our stuff over too for you to sample. And I am definetly in to trying the Sigsig.

I am also trying to convince my dear wife to stay just a little longer so I can go see the Sunilog Festival in January and Lucy's father is also showing an interest in returning to the PI. His first visit was in 2000 for our wedding and now he is hooked:D

Best regards

Pat

6. Brunstick

yep, haggis does sound like bopis, that's why i want to try it! :p
    black pudding? i guess it's sorta like dinuguan. :D

too bad you won't be in the phils. this december!

-nico-

7. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

i guess we should start piling up the san mig cases and have the pigs marinated as early as now. :D and how about those touring shirts lucy have mentioned? this is great! i can't wait till december.

8. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

And for the non Pinoys ??

9. shootodog

shootodog restless native

they'd say: i'm green with envy or i envy you.

10. Pat OMalley

Right people I am brining Hagis, Black Pudding and "Tatty Scones" and maybe for you brave ones and if the airline will allow some Salmon and Smoked Kippers:D

All good Scottish Food.

And if I can something from London. Welks, Muscles and Jellied eel:D As the Pie and Mash won't travel.

Best regards

Pat

Oh yeah, add some cheese slices, some smelly cheese and some chocolate (english style).

This will be my first visit to the PI were I actually put weight on.

11. Brunstick

Hmmm, i already know what haggis is, and black pudding. now what're those other foods?

o my god! smelly cheese! i love smelly cheese! see my signature though. :p

best regards!

-nico-

12. shootodog

oy! lactose intolerant cheese munchin' jersey boy! stop making me hungry!

13. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

:D :D :D ROFLMAO :D :D :D

Ta muchley shooto

14. Brunstick

i can't help it! i love food! that's why i'm fat! i'm always hungry! :p

-nico-

15. shootodog

same here.

16. Pat OMalley

Salmon, is the best fish in the world, especially when smoked, Oh the tastes is so rich, you will fall in love with it.

Kippers another favorite Fish of the Celts, Smoked again has a very strong taste, Mmmmm.

Muscles and Welks, more Sea food but of the shell veriaty, welks are like small sea snails Mmmm! and muscles are like mini oysters for the common man, all that brain food.

As for Jellied Eels, well they are like a river or sea snake many people out side of London hate them just by looking at them, but then again most have never tried them. A great London Dish that is not appreaciated by the vast majority of the population of the Britain. Can be found in the traditional London Pie and Mash Shops, (Pie and mash Potato with a green liquer, nice!)

And we could also bring the traditional English Banger (sausage both pork & beef) as well as going to the Scottish Lorn Sausage (comes in square blocks of the pork and beef veriaty, very nice)

And then ther is White Bait (tiny fried fish complete with heads), Called Baggy Mini's when I was but a boy in Glasgow.

I can hear you belly rumbling now:D

Best regards

Pat

Last edited: May 13, 2005
  17. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

well pat, looks like we'll both have an exchange of treasured foods once you get here. those stuff are really nice... ohh... and mouth watering (probably coz of too much beer ei?) indeed!

here's a couple of nice local stuff we have here, and i do guess you're quite familiar with them already like grilled catfish and mudfish, kuhol sa gata (snails in coco milk), "dilis" (especially the colored spicy ones that are sold in pasalubong(gift) shops).

now, this one is so true! hahaha :D :D

18. Brunstick

salmon i've had. really good. i especially like the stomach part (the part with the most fat in it!)

Kippers i haven't tried. gotta check that out.

I know about mussels, but not about welks. gotta try that too! i like eating snails though. ginataan (cooked in coconut milk) or in black bean sauce (chinese style).

now what does a jellied eel look like??? is it jelly made from eels? i like eels too, and this sounds tasty too. :p

wonderful! i just ate, and all this talking about food has made me hungry again! and i'm gaining weight too! grrr!

latez!

-nico-

19. deCadena

deCadena New Member

hope to see you guys in manila very soon. :)

20. Gryphon Hall

Gryphon Hall Feeling Scholler

Mussels is "tahong" over here; dunno if they taste the same though. I've had welks down in Mindanao... they're like sea snails, right? Yummy...

As for cheese... Brie... Brie... Camembert... Camembert... want...